LOVE IS NOT A FAIRYTALE

I think one of the reasons many young people at this age don't put effort into relationships is primarily because they feel they can administer anyone and also because they (think) have multiple choices. Many of you are spoiled for choice, and this is a destroyer, before you know it - you end up with nobody.In many cases, you honestly don't know these people beyond just a few admirable traits that they've displayed, and if you pay attention it's mostly online. Social media is great, but it has tricked us to feel that if 10 people hit up on us, they can all deal with the reality of dating us. Quick reflection, have you thought someone was perfect for you until you get to date them and you see "ah, no man, this ain't it"?

I am going to vividly highlight this;Social media is not a real place. People who can't speak to you on a normal day off this virtual website, would speak to you on socials. Funny enough, people put up ridiculous standards. People pretend. So when you have 15 social media 'friends', only 2 if not 3 might be letting themselves be humane. That's why I post about my experiences, feelings, and view of life, so that you'll put me on a pedestal and understand that I'm a human. If I can post about my good times, why not I don't post about my bad times?

We've created a society of celebrities. Okay, now back to my statement.See, having too many dating choices will make you envision a PERFECT PARTNER, you'll want a rich man like Mr. A, a handsome one like Mr. B, a Godfearing one like Mr. C, a fashionable one like Mr. D. There's constant pressure on having all of them in one person. Hear me well, there are exceptions to it. It comes harmlessly, but it pushes you to a point where you are not conscious-minded to realize that people are not anywhere closer to being perfect and also to understand that commitment is a choice. The longing for readymade perfect things in our generation is massive because everyone post about their best times and lives.

But we don't put into consideration what it took to get there. If you have too many options you're most likely to end up with nobody. And if you run with this mindset into relationships, you'll not maximize commitment because you think you are one text away from a better option, and many times guess what? The better person doesn't really exist. It's better where you build with those who are willing to build. Beautiful relationships are built. They don't just exist. It's work. Never easy. You need a great dose of contentment as an individual first in order to be HAPPY in a relationship (not a fairytale). Most of you get into a relationship already expecting another individual to entirely bring happiness to you, and when things go south you become miserable people.