Chapter 5: DADA with Lockhart/Gifts for Gryffindor Quidditch Team

A/N: Hello again, everyone! Here is Chapter 5: DADA with Lockhart/Gifts for Gryffindor Quidditch Team. This is when the second years have their first Defense against the Dark Arts class with Professor Lockhart and then later on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team finds out that Slytherin has a new seeker. Y/N reveals that she has a special gift for everyone on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She whistles to have new brooms dropped into the hands of her teammates and everyone thanks her. Draco calls Hermione a mudblood and Y/N slaps him across the face which shocks everyone. Anyway, enjoy, and don't forget to vote. Bye!

Y/N's POV:

Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I walk into our class which is Defense Against the Dark Arts with one of the worst professors at Hogwarts, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart. I'm really hoping that he doesn't start flirting with me today. Why does he think that I'm interested in him when I'm really not? There are only two people whom I'm remotely interested in and that's Fred and George Weasley, Ron's older mischievous twin brothers.

Once Professor Lockhart walks out of his office and starts walking down the stairs, he says, "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most- Charming-Smile Award -- But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him!"

He had a slight giggle. He thought he was going to get laughter from us. Well, it's not going to happen. I wanted to say something to him but I kept quiet. He then winks at me before continuing.

Hermione and the rest of the girls in our class minus me are gazing dreamily at him like he's the most handsome man ever. I clearly think he's not and the rest of the boys in our class seem to agree by glaring at him. Fred and George are clearly more handsome than him, am I right?

Then his expression darkened and he said, "Now... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here..."

He pulls the sheet off the cage to reveal cornish pixies. Seamus asked, "Cornish pixies?" Professor Lockhart said, "Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Unable to control himself, Seamus starts to laugh. Professor Lockhart said, "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them now!"

Lockhart flings open the cage. Instantly, the pixies rocket about, spraying the students with ink bottles, breaking beakers, and shredding books. Two grab Neville by the ears, lift him into the air, and placed him on the chandelier. Neville said, "Put me down!"

He then said, "Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies. [brandishing his wand] Peskipiski Pesternomi!" The spell has absolutely no effect. A particularly obnoxious pixie makes a face, seizes Lockhart's wand, and manages to bring down the bone sculpture that was hanging from the ceiling.

Before he hides in his office, he said to us, "I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." He slams the door to his office. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I are just standing there.

Ron asked, "What do we do now?" I said, "Hermione, do it! I'll handle Lockhart on my own." I marched up the stairs to his office and said, "Alohomora!" Hermione said, "Immobilus!" While that was happening, I walked into his office, grabbed him by the ear, and dragged him out into the classroom.

I said angrily, "You better clean this up! This is your fault that this happened. Do you want to keep your job as a DADA professor?" He nodded. I said, "Then teach us better, stop being so selfish, and please stop flirting with me. I don't like it." I looked up to notice Neville still hanging onto the chandelier. I said, "Don't worry, Neville! We'll get you down. I don't want you to be late for your next class." He said, "Thanks, Y/N!"