Chapter 14: Monster Reveal/Ginny Gets Taken

A/N: Hello everyone! This is Chapter 14: Monster Reveal/Ginny Gets Taken. This will make some of you, possibly most of you, upset while reading this. I just wanted to give you a heads-up before you start reading this chapter.

Plot: Harry, Ron, Fred, and Y/N find out what the monster in the Chamber of Secrets really is. They also learn how the monster has been travelling around the school. Before they find out that Ginny, who is Ron and Fred's youngest sister, was taken into the chamber of secrets by the Heir of Slytherin.

George ends up joining them and the five of them were so upset and shocked by the news that Ginny was taken. Y/N told her friends and her crushes that she'll do something about this and will make sure that Ginny is completely alright after everything that has happened to her.

Y/N was upset and furious that this happened right under her nose without her knowing since she was so distracted with Hermione being petrified and worrying about the other student's safety. She told them that they need to have a chat with Lockhart to make sure that he was telling the truth about himself or taking complete credit for other people's hard work.

Fred's POV:

Madam Pomfrey bars the door, frowning at Harry, Ron, and myself. She didn't frown at Y/N which made me confused. Madam Pomfrey said, "There's no point in talking to a petrified person. She won't hear a word you're saying."

Ron shifts uncomfortably. Ron said, "We know that, Madam Pomfrey. It's just, well, you see, we thought, maybe, we could... be with her for a bit. She's our... friend, you see, and... even if she can't hear us... I mean, it can't hurt, can it?" A glint of sympathy flickers in Pomfrey's eyes.

She noticed how tired and physically exhausted Y/N is since I've noticed that she hasn't been getting much sleep worrying about Hermione ever since she got petrified.

Madam Pomfrey said, "Very well then. But be quick about it." Before she exits, she whispers in Y/N's ear, "Your tired and physical state is making me worried, Ms Y/N. Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep at night."

Y/N nodded as she heard what Madam Pomfrey said. Then as she exits, the boys step towards her bed. I see Ron picking up the circular mirror that lies on the nightstand. He eyes Lockhart's Get Well card.

Ron said, "You don't think Lockhart could be the heir of Slytherin, do you? [off Harry's look] Right. Forget I said it." Y/N said, "Lockhart definitely isn't the Heir of Slytherin. He's just a very creepy man. Especially towards me."

Harry studies Hermione's face. Harry said in a gentle tone, "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever... Y/N isn't sleeping great at night cause she's constantly worried about you and the other students."

Just then, the mirror in Ron's hand catches the late afternoon sunlight and casts a jagged flame across Hermione's hand. Harry watches the light dance over her fingers... then looks closer. I noticed the paper clutched there. Harry, Ron, Y/N and I duck into an alcove, and take out the crinkled paper, which, we see now, is torn from a library book.

Harry said, "'Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it and only the crowing of the rooster can kill it.' [looking up} Ron, Fred, Y/N! This is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a Basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake."

"I honestly suspected the monster was to be some sort of snake because only you can be able to understand what it's saying. It makes complete sense, though." Y/N said with a serious look on her face.