Chapter 8: Lockhart's Dueling Club/Another Student Petrified:

A/N: Hello everyone! Here is chapter 8: Lockhart's Dueling Club/Another Student Petrified. This is when Lockhart starts a dueling club in the Great Hall with all of the students. Lockhart still continuously flirts with Princess Y/N which makes her brother angry and crushes the Weasley twins incredibly jealous. They will glare at anyone who acts like a pervert toward Y/N. Another student ends up getting petrified. Y/N is worried that the school will close and the students are in danger. Be sure to follow me, @AmazingAmber15, and our collaboration account @RavenpuffHogwarts14! Also, don't forget to vote. Thanks, and enjoy.

Y/N's POV:

We are in the Great hall where Lockhart is having his Dueling Club which Professor Dumbledore gave him permission to start. None of the students have any idea that my brother and I are planning on showing off our dueling skills. I can't wait to see everyone else's reactions.

He is strutting on top of the tables. Professor Lockhart said, "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works."

I said, "Actually most of us, I mean me and all of the boys here do not care about your books so please stop talking about it." The boy next to Harry, Justin Finch-Fletchley, turns to him. Justin says, "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap. [offering his hand] Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff."

Harry said, "Nice to meet you. I'm–" Justin said, "I know who you are. We all do. Even us Muggle-borns." Justin grins. Professor Lockhart said, "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

I said, "Actually, Professor Lockhart, you should be the one to worry since I know that Professor Snape can actually beat you in a dueling match. Do you really think you're so smart?" Out of the corner of my eye, I can see my crushes Fred and George smirking at what I said and some students actually laughed at what I said. I started blushing when I saw my crushes' reactions.

Ron said, "What's the fun in that?" Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn, walk ten paces, then spin around and point their wands at each other. Lockhart says, "One-two-three!"

But before Lockhart could say a spell, Snape says, "Expelliarmus!" A dazzling flash of light bursts forth and blasts Lockhart off his feet and sends him flying to the end of the table. Some students were gasping, whispering, and/or laughing. I was one of the laughing ones.

Hermione said, worried, "Do you think he's all right?" Harry and Ron both said, "Who cares?" Lockhart said, "Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."

Professor Snape stepped forward and said, "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Lockhart said, "Ah, an excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Let's have Ms. Y/N and her brother Mr. Christian show us how to do it."

My brother and I looked at each other and then shrugged, heading onto the tables. Lockhart winked at me and I gave him a look of disgust. I noticed that Fred and George looked jealous and annoyed at him winking at me. He said, "Show the students how it's done. I know that you're not better than me."