Party

"Ryujin, you should come to the party. I need a designated driver" my brother is on my bed, annoying me.

"Why the hell would I go to a party where I'm surrounded by drunk people? Do you not know me?" I scoff.

"But don't you love your dear old brother?" He whines.

"First of all, you're one month older than me. Second, I didn't want a brother but my dad decided to marry your mom so I didn't really have a choice. I miss the old days where I didn't know you existed" I push him off my bed so I can lay down and play games on my phone.

"Why are you so mean? You know I'm sensitive" he fake cries.

"Sensitive, my ass. You were just teasing Yuna earlier" I shake my head.

"I'll pay you then" He's talking my language now.

"How much?" I show interest but I'm still holding back because I don't want him to think he can give chump change.

"How much do you want?" He slowly ask.

"200 dollars" I say.

"For driving me? Are you insane?"

"150" I lower it. I always start at 200 dollars because maybe one day he will be crazy enough to agree.

"Twenty bucks" he counters and I laugh at him.

"I know you're not supposed to go to this party so 125" I reject his offer.

"100 and that's it."

"Deal" I happily say.

"Out of all the step siblings I could have, the universe gave me a con artist" he shakes his head.

"So I'll tell our parents that we're gonna watch a movie together then we head to the party" he shares his plan.

"Why do you even like going to these parties? Music is too loud, drunk people everywhere. Just the thought of it is already tiring me out."

"Because we're only young once. I want to live a little" his reason isn't good enough.

"Wise words of people that ends up in prison or dead" I say.

"Just get ready and I'll tell our parents our plan" he finally leaves my room.

"Why am I so nice?" I sigh while rolling off the bed so I can get dressed.

---

We're now at the party and as expected, Beomgyu is going crazy once he has his drinks.

"This is not the movies" Yuna is sitting next to me. We're on the couch since we're not interested in getting drunk.

"Beomgyu lied so he can go to this party. Don't tell our parents. I'll split the money he gave me with you, okay?" I say to my younger sister.

Yuna is my biological sibling. Our mom died giving birth to her so for a while it was just my dad, Yuna and myself. Then when I was 7 or 8 years old, my dad met Beomgyu's mom and later on got married.

She looks around and I can tell she's not comfortable with this scene.

"Just don't leave my side and you'll be okay" I try to make her feel safe.

She clings to my arm while she continues to look around to make sure that she doesn't get attacked out of nowhere.

The loud music is blaring and more people are getting drunk. You see people making out and throwing up in places they shouldn't be throwing up in but that's not my business.

I look around to see if I can find Beomgyu but he's not around. He better not be doing anything stupid.

"You know our parents would kill you two if they find out about this" Yuna states.