Ice Cream

"Knock knock, I got your ice cream" I show her the bag while I stand in her doorway.

She smiles really big, "Thank you."

She pats the bed gesturing me to sit next to her.

I don't move because I'm not sure if I should actually sit next to her or not.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" She chuckles since she doesn't know the internal conflict I'm having in my head.

"I can and it's my choice" I joke then I walk to her.

I hand her the bag and I sit down on the spot she patted. I don't get comfortable though since I'm not planning to stay. Just a small chat to be polite and I should probably leave before Beomgyu sees us together. I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong by hanging out with Yeji but he seems to get jealous and I don't want him to feel that way. 

Even though I act cold towards him at times, I really about him and I want him to be happy.

She happily takes out the ice cream from the bag and she starts opening it like a little kid. I bite my lower lip because I don't want to show that I've been affected by her cuteness.

"Do you need anything else? I can call Beomgyu if you want" I suggest to get my brother in here so they can spend time together. 

I do feel like I keep going back and forth with myself though. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have to be cautious just because I want to hang out with Yeji but I also feel like I should be stepping back because Beomgyu should be the one taking care of her like this. He should be the one getting her ice cream and things like that. 

"Are you not gonna ask how my interview went? I figured you'd want to know" she playfully pouts.

Yeji is showing that she's a lot more comfortable with me recently. Something just clicked after that weekend with Lia. I guess it brought us closer because I don't really see her act like this towards anyone else in my family, not even to Beomgyu. She's nice and welcoming to my brother but I do see what he means by her holding back.

To make things worse, things between them wasn't as great after that weekend as well. Beomgyu claims that she's been acting more distant and he doesn't know why. He wants to fix things but he doesn't know what's broken to begin with. 

Yeji and Yuna have gotten closer since that weekend too but not like how we are. I also understand that I could be the only one feeling this way and Yeji could be feeling something completely different. 

"How did it go?" I ask and she places her ice cream down onto the night table then she crosses her arms.

"I'm not gonna tell you now because you clearly don't care" she continues to pout and I just want to pinch her cheek.

"I do wanna know. We're they nice to you?" I speak softly.

"They practically hired me on the spot. The interview didn't feel like an actual job interview. It felt way too relaxed" she complains and I'm confused as to why she's complaining.

"And that's bad because?" I slowly ask.

"I just feel like I didn't do it on my own. They're your best friend's parents" she sighs.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with that. My mom always reminded us the importance of having a connection. Having connections can help you be successful. Besides I think it's better for you to work there because I know that you'll be taken care of" I say.

"You're worried about me?" She adjusts her seating so she's sitting on her legs with her knees pointing to me.

I look away because I feel shy with her sudden move to face me, "Why wouldn't I? You're carrying my niece or nephew. Gotta make sure they're safe."