First Date

"I'm almost there" I say to Karina on the phone.

I'm meeting her at a restaurant where she planned our date. To say that I'm nervous is not even close to describing what I'm feeling right now.

I honestly didn't get to think or prepare for this throughout the week because I was helping out with Yeji so maybe that adds to my nervousness.

Even though the discomfort she was feeling was normal, she was still hurting from what happened with her parents. Truthfully, I would prefer to be with Yeji right now to make sure that she's doing okay but I didn't think that would be appropriate. 

I do try to step back from helping Yeji and let my brother take the lead since we got back from the hospital but it's harder than I thought. For some reason, seeing Yeji sad and hurting makes me feel uncomfortable and I feel the need to do something.

I think Yuna notices it too because if she's around and Yeji is needing something then she will remind me that Beomgyu should go and take care of it. I still don't understand why she thought I liked Yeji. Is it a crime to be kind to someone? I feel like I should be able to help and take care of Yeji because she's a part of our family now. She's carrying my niece or nephew. It's only right to make sure that nothing happens to her but Yuna doesn't see it that way. 

On the other hand, my mom actually stuck to her word and became more accepting of Yeji. At first, my dad thought she was possessed and became a nice ghost, we all laughed at that, but she didn't. However, it is nice to see that she's really trying not to cause Yeji to have a lot of stress.

I think it's because people at her workplace know that Beomgyu's girlfriend is pregnant now so if anything happens to her then they might talk badly about our family. That is her greatest fear, it seems. Even though her reasonings might not be for the sake of Yeji, I'll still take it as a win. 

Surprisingly, my mom also talked to my dad about having Yeji work at his office and he agreed. Unfortunately, Yeji declined the offer because it would make her feel uncomfortable working with my dad. Beomgyu tried to convince her to take it but she wouldn't budge and she felt like someone with experience with law should take the job instead of her. 

I did suggest that maybe she could work at Chaeryeong's family restaurant. They're always hiring servers and such. 

Yeji was hesitant but she was more accepting of that than working with my dad. I did schedule an interview for her today so my brother will be taking her and hopefully things will go well. 

I arrive at the restaurant and I'm dressed comfortably like she told me. I go in and I look for her. I scan the room until I see her waving her hand. I walk to her with a smile on my face.

"You look great" I compliment her as soon as I get to the table.

Chaeryeong and Yuna are the only ones that knows about this date so they gave me tips on how to act during the date. I found it odd because it's not like they've been out dating other people. They're as single as me. 

"You do too" she returns the compliment.

I sit and I straighten my shirt for no reason. It's the nerves.

"I'm sorry this is not a fancy place" Karina apologizes.

"This is perfect. I'm not fancy enough to enjoy fancy food" I smile.

She chuckles, "That's perfect then. We can be not fancy together."

"I still can't believe you're interested in me" I say as I wipe my sweaty palms on my pants.

"How can I not be? You're cute. I kept begging Chaeyeon to set us up on a blind date but she kept saying no because she thought you didn't like women. She was so shocked when I told her that you and I are going out today."