Packing

"You're gonna have fun. Don't worry" Yeji is on my bed while watching me pack.

"It's like you don't know who my mother is?" I sarcastically comment while shaking my head.

I'm going on a college visit with my mom this weekend. It's her first choice of school for me while my dad and Beomgyu are going somewhere else because they don't trust us to be in the same campus. They think that we would sneak off somewhere and get ourselves in trouble.

I don't know why they would have that thought in their head. It's not like we snuck off to parties together in the past.

Luckily, I was able to convince my mom to let Chaeryeong come with us though so at least I won't be completely alone with my mom. However, I felt like convincing my best friend to come was a lot harder than convincing my mom to let her.

Yuna and Yeji are going to Lia's dorm to spend the weekend with her so they won't be home either. My dad and brother are gonna drop them off on the way. I'm jealous but I'm also worried because I won't be there if anything happens to Yeji. I know Lia can take care of her but it doesn't stop me from worrying.

At some point, I stopped questioning why I worry about Yeji. I've come to realize that she's a part of this family and it's only natural for me to worry. I would feel and act the same way if Yuna is the one going through a pregnancy.

"I'm gonna miss you" she suddenly pouts and I turn away because I feel my face heat up.

Clearing my throat, "Why? We will see each other Sunday then I'll drive you to work Monday morning."

I hear her exhale loudly, "Right."

"And you can call me anytime" I try to cheer her up.

I'm gonna miss her too but I think it would feel weird to say that out loud. If someone hears then they might mistake the meaning of it as something else.

She doesn't say anything so I finally turn to look at her. She's looking around awkwardly.

"You okay?" I stop packing.

"What's gonna happen to me when you and Beomgyu go to college?" She asks and I go to sit next to her.

"Nothing. You'll stay here" I answer.

"I doubt that" she sighs.

"Why? Did my mom say or do anything to imply that you won't be staying here?" I question and she shakes her head.

"No, but I would feel so weird."

Even though my parents are okay with Yeji now, they also haven't made a lot of effort to really get to know her or form a bond with her.

"You'll get used to it and besides you'll still have Yuna in the house" I try to share positive things.

"I guess" she still looks down.

"Lately, it seems like everyone is moving forward except me" she places her hands on her pregnant belly.

"I don't regret my decision of keeping my baby but things are going so fast for me and I feel so unprepared. In a few months, I'll be giving birth but what have I done to prepare for it? I have no baby stuff and I don't make enough money to buy everything I need."

"Since my parents cut me off, I don't have insurance. I've been saving up for my future hospital bill but I know that's also not enough. Beomgyu assures me he will help with everything but I think he thinks that he only needs to do something once the baby is here" I sense her panicking.

"Then when the baby comes, there will be more things I need to do. Beomgyu will be in college and he'll be busy with school" she stands up and starts pacing around the room.