Getting Along

"Ryujin, wake up" I feel someone shaking me. 

"Wake up before the teacher gets here" It's my best friend trying to wake me up.

I don't remember how I got to school. I don't even know how I woke up this morning to get ready for school. After talking to Yeji last night, I couldn't go back to sleep. I can't say that I had a lot on my mind. It was more like I couldn't fall back asleep because it was disrupted by my hunger. 

I sit up but I keep my eyes closed. 

"Why are you so tired? Don't tell me that you fought with your mom again" she's ready to scold me so I shake my head. 

"I got hungry so I woke up in the middle of the night then Yeji was crying so I talked to her" I answer, still half asleep.

"How is that going? Living with her? Is it awkward? I can't even imagine suddenly living with someone I don't know" she curiously asks.

"It's not bad. She mainly stays in her room. She seems more comfortable around me more than anyone though. She even opened up to me last night" I share.

"Ryujin!" Haechan enters the classroom.

"Shut up. I'm not in the mood for loud noises right now" I snap at him but he's used to it.

"Yikes. You should relax. There's a party this weekend that you and I should go to" he sits at his desk.

"Why? I'm not Beomgyu. I'm not the party type" I roll my eyes.

"She can't go. She has plans with me" Chaeryeong glares at him.

"Doing what?" He tries to call out her bluff because I'm not aware of any plans this weekend.

"None of your business" My best friend doesn't back down.

Haechan looks at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Wherever she goes, I go" I shrug my shoulders.

"You two are lame" he pouts.

"Just enjoy your party and hook up with some girls like you always do" Chaeryeong comments.

He looks at me with wide eyes, "That's not true, Ryujin! You're the only one for me. Don't believe her!"

"I don't care if you do" I furrow my brows while looking at him, "I'm not your girlfriend. I told you that there's no chance between us. Now or ever."

"Always so harsh with your rejection" he pretends to cry. Luckily, the bell rings and everyone starts coming into the classroom.

When class started, Yeji comes to mind. I wonder what she's up to. It must be boring with everyone in the house gone. Does she go out when we're gone? She mentioned that she was planning to look for a job.

A part of me can't help but worry about Yeji, especially after finding out that her parents disowned her just because she got pregnant. She probably feels like she's alone in this world.

"So we're really hanging out this weekend, right?" Chaeryeong nudges me so I focus again.

Without realizing it, our second class ended and I've just been going through the motion with everything today so I have no clue what happened in my first two classes.

"Sure" I smile at her.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"Just come over to my house and we can do anything."

"Why not my house? Then you can meet Yeji" I suggest.

"I'd like to but your mom kinda scares me. I also don't like when she compares you to me. It makes me mad. How can she use me to try to get you to study harder?" She answers and I don't blame her.