Good Morning

I'm in the middle of my sleep when I hear someone knocking on my door. I ignore it and I try my best to get back to sleep. I hear the door open but I still don't move because maybe they'll go away if they see that I'm peacefully sleeping.

That was all wishful thinking.

"Ryu, I know you're awake" it's my brother and he turns on my light. 

I groan and I sit up to show him my angry expression. I take my phone from my nightstand to look at the time. It's 3:30 in the morning.

"What the fuck, Gyu?!"

"It's urgent" he sits on the bed next to me.

"What is it?"

"Was I wrong for leaving Yeji? I've been feeling guilty so I can't sleep. I didn't think our mom would attack her like that" he sighs.

"It is what it is. Yeji did tell you that it was okay" I shortly answer in hopes that he will let me get back to sleep because we do have school in a few hours.

I don't agree with what he did because I wouldn't have left Yeji alone for multiple reasons. One reason is our mother and the other reason is that she's pregnant. I heard that pregnant people sometimes have cravings or that morning sickness doesn't only happen in the mornings, it can happen any time of the day.

Beomgyu is probably just new to this having a girlfriend thing. It's probably easier to think of these things since I'm not in the actual relationship. I'm looking from the outside point of view so it's easier to criticize.

"What if I'm not good enough for her? She's older and more mature. She's only trying things with me because of the baby. I really like her already and it's the first time I've ever felt this about anyone" he shows his insecurities so I know he's serious.

I exhale loudly and adjust myself in the bed, "I think Yeji will appreciate any effort you put into your relationship. She's a very kind and understanding person. Just talk things out with her. Share your insecurities with her and she will listen."

"I should be the one that's there for her, not the other way around. She's going through a lot more than me."

"I don't think that's how it works in relationships. I think you're supposed to be there for each other, right? You should be able to go to her and she should be able to go to you about anything" I say.

"I just want to make her happy. What you said about her getting pregnant really stuck with me. Her whole life changed because of that night and not much is gonna change with mine. She's the one that's gonna go through a lot and all I can do is try to help her get through them. I feel so pressured to give her a good life" his voice cracks.

My brother never had issues expressing his emotions to me. He's like an open book but only in front of me. He's not this open with our parents or even to Yuna.

"And I appreciate you always looking out for her too. I'm glad you were here to take her away from our mom. I promise I'll be better and I'll be there for her more. I'll protect her from our mother" he sounds determined now.

I show a tight lipped smile, "I'm happy to hear that."

I surprise myself because a part of me feels like I don't mean it but I should. I should be happy to hear that my brother is willing to put all this effort to provide for Yeji.

Why do I even want the best for Yeji? I understand wanting to help her but why do I want to do stuff for her instead of just making sure that my brother is treating her right?

"Thank you for being an amazing support" he hugs me and I freeze in my spot from the unexpected physical affection.

"Ew, go away" I lightly push him away.