Unexpected Outcome

"I need a doctor! Any doctor! Scratch that, I need a doctor that knows about pregnant women!" I run into the hospital with Yeji on my back. I'm slightly panicking.

"Ryujin, what's going on?" Nayeon, one of the nurses working here.

"She's having stomach pains and she's pregnant. I don't know what that means. I just know it's not time for her to give birth" I panic talk so I say things that are not necessary like they can clearly tell that she's not gonna give birth since she's barely showing.

My mom does work in this hospital so the majority of the staff knows us.

"Bring her in" she orders a couple of people.

They grab a wheelchair so I carefully place Yeji on there. They take her to a room and I try to follow but they stop me.

"We will do a couple of tests so just wait here" Nayeon informs me.

"Don't tell my mom that I'm here, please" I ask because I don't think she will be happy that I'm here instead of at school. I'm sure she'll blame Yeji for that.

"I won't but I can't promise the others won't say anything. You came in like a maniac while holding a pregnant woman. That's something they might talk about considering some of them knows that she's your brother's girlfriend" She explains.

"How do you know that?" I'm surprised.

"You guys brought her to that party event where Beomgyu was literally introducing her to everyone as his girlfriend."

"I completely forgot about that" which is true. I wanted to forget about that night because of what happened after the party.

"I'll come back once the results are done, okay?" She places her hand on my shoulder and I just nod.

I sit down while trying to force myself to be patient but it's hard. I send Beomgyu and Yuna a text of what's going on because I don't want them to be mad at me for not updating them.

I do the same for my dad and he calls me right away.

"Hey. Is she okay?" He asks as soon as I answer the call.

"I don't know. They're doing some tests or whatever" I answer in distress.

"It's gonna be okay, sweetie. I'm sure it's nothing" he tries to assure me.

Sometimes I forget that my dad can be a good dad because he always follows my mom's lead even though it's not right.

"She's not gonna lose the baby, right?" I ask even though I know he probably doesn't know.

"Let's just think positive. I called the school and explained there's a medical emergency so we'll get a note or something so you shouldn't get in trouble. Does your mom know you're there?" He asks.

"No. Nayeon saw me but I asked her not to tell mom that I'm here" I say.

"Okay, I have to get back to work. Let me know if anything happens. I'll see you tonight" he's talking sweet to me.

"Okay" I shortly reply.

I hang up the phone and I wait again for anyone to come out to let me know what's going on.

Fifteen minutes pass by and still nothing except for the fact that my brother just comes running in.

"Where's Yeji? Is she okay? What happened?" He looks around until he finds me.

He sits down next to me, "Heard anything yet?"

I shake my head, "No, that's why it scares me."

"What happened? Why did she tell you and not me? I could have gone to her too" he does look a bit hurt by the fact that Yeji didn't contact him first.