Set up

We're all getting ready for the party now. My dad, Beomgyu and myself are done getting ready but my mom, Yuna and Yeji are still in their rooms.

I used to be one of them until I stopped actually wearing a dress to attend these events.

"Where are you going tonight?" Beomgyu whispers to me. We're both sitting on the couch while our dad is in the kitchen to grab something.

When my mom has these types of parties, I usually search what fun things I can do around the area. I hang out for a while then come back before the party ends. Yuna is usually my informant just in case my parents look for me so I don't go anywhere far in case I have to get back.

"I don't know. You never cared before. Besides I don't know if I'll actually leave tonight. I might stay at the party" I whisper back.

I had that idea since last night. It was weird because I never thought I would ever decide to stay at that one of my mom's work party without being forced but I want to stay this time in case Yeji might need help. She has Beomgyu but one can never know what might happen so it's better to be around.

"Wow, who are you and what did you do to my sister?" My brother sits back while shaking his head.

I roll my eyes, "She's gone. I'm her replacement to kill you."

He laughs, "I'm glad you're staying though. I'm sure Yeji will be more comfortable with you around."

"How are things between you two?" I ask and he gives me a weird look because I rarely ask him anything that's going on with his life. In all honesty, I'm surprised I asked that.

"We're doing good. It's kinda fun. I'm like courting her so it's exciting. I get excited seeing her. She's really kind and pure hearted. She shared with me her family issues and it truly saddens me that she had to go through that" he shares.

"I'm really starting to like her and that's not me. I don't fall easily but she's different" he adds and I just listen to what he's saying.

"So you see yourself in a long-term relationship with her?" My curiosity is getting the better of me.

My anxious feeling worsens and I wonder if it's because things are changing right now in our lives. Beomgyu and I did everything together. With Yeji in the picture, are we not going to hang out as much anymore?

"I think so" he answers.

The part that bothers me is Yeji. Do I not like her for Beomgyu? But she's good to him and I like her as a person. I agree with everything my brother said so why won't I think she's enough for him?

Our mom comes down so I'm assuming she's ready.

"Where's your dad?" She asks while fixing her dress.

"In the kitchen" Beomgyu and I both answer.

"Ryujin, can you wear a dress today? I was gonna introduce you to the Director's son" she says like it's not a big deal.

"You're not trying to set me up, are you?" I start panicking.

"Mom, are you gonna force Ryujin to date your boss's kid?" Beomgyu doesn't like the idea either.

"Did I say that? I just said I wanted to introduce her" she's upset with us.

"Then why do I need to wear a dress just to meet him?" I question.

She sighs, "Forget it. Just behave tonight, please. Don't do anything that will embarrass this family."

"Right, you embarrass our family enough as it is" I mumble under my breath but I think she has supersonic hearing because she's glaring at me.