Drifted/Closer

"Ryu, you wanna go to a party tonight?" my brother asks. 

It's lunch time and he's sitting with me instead of his own friends just to ask if I want to go to a stupid party.

My brother is back to his partying days. I'm not happy with it but I also can't stop him. I've tried multiple times but he doesn't listen. I even used Yeji as an excuse but he said that they had a talk and she wants him to be himself. I guess going to parties is what Beomgyu considers as being his thing. 

"I hope you won't be acting like this when your baby is born" Chaeryeong whispers so other students around us can't hear. 

"I'll be more responsible. That's why I'm attending all the parties that I can now. I'm trying to party out so I get tired of it" he proudly states and I just shake my head. 

"Ryujin hasn't joined me though so it's been hard to sneak out" he complains. 

"I never enjoyed going to those parties anyways. I have no reason to start again. You're on your own this time. If you get in trouble, I'm not gonna back you up like before. Attending parties here and there is no big deal but in the last couple of months, you've practically neglected the soon to be mother of your child" I try to talk some sense into him.

"This is what Yeji wanted. This is who I am."

"I don't think that's what she meant. Be who you are but still act like you care about her—"

"She doesn't like me, Ryu. She's made that clear" he cuts me off.

Yeji and Beomgyu do have a weird relationship right now. In the past, they looked like they were willing to work things out but lately, the two barely talk to each other. I think my brother is hurt because she's the only girl he ever made an effort to get to know and pursue. If what he says is true that Yeji doesn't like him then he might not know how to handle that.

It's not an excuse to start acting like a jerk but I can somewhat understand his actions.

"Then make her like you. Do you think every single couple in the world hit it off right away? No, men or women usually would do things to try to get the other to fall for them. Don't over exaggerate or cross boundaries but don't give up either. Court her" my best friend gives him advice. 

"I've tried" he sighs. 

"But I don't think I'm ready for a serious relationship anyways. I thought being together was the right thing but I think just being involved with the baby is good enough. We don't need a romantic relationship and I also think she's still hung up on her ex. That's probably why she's not ready to see me as a partner" he adds. 

"Are you okay though?" I show my concern and he slowly shakes his head.

"No, that's why you should join me and go to the party tonight" he smiles and I throw a piece of whatever meat the school served for lunch at him. 

"Here I am thinking you're sad but you're just trying to get me to go out" I continue eating my lunch. 

"Sometimes I'm glad I only have sisters because having a brother seems like a headache" Chaeryeong comments and I chuckle but Beomgyu pouts. 

"I thought we were close" My brother pretends to be sad. 

"Depends on the day" Chaeryeong shrugs.

"I mean do you want to get close?" Beomgyu winks. 

I kick him under the table for being inappropriate. 

"Disgusting" my best friend shows a disgusted look and I laugh. 

"I think you should leave now" I say while chuckling. 

"Whatever. You two don't know what sexy is anyways. I understand Ryujin not seeing my godlike sex appeal but having no taste is the only explanation for you, Ryeong" he tries to show his so called sex appeal by doing a weird pose to show his biceps making me laugh more because Chaeryeong is not amused.