9 | Boys...

~~~

~~~

On the way ride back to a school I could tell Weems wasn't happy just by her facial expressions. "Your first day and you're already on Sheriff's Galpin's radar. Wish I could say I was surprised. Now, Valentine, you have been doing great for months. Why start to act up when your sister arrives?" Weems sighs.

"I was standing up for my sister. And what did he mean about our father?" I ask because I knew he wasn't capable of that.

"I have no idea, but I have a word of advice for you Miss Wednesday. Stop making enemies and start making a few friends. You're gonna need them." She tells Wednesday before we pass an accident and Wednesday says the man broke his neck.

"Miss Valentine." Weems stops me as we arrive at school.

"Yes?" I walk over to her as Wednesday leaves.

"Did you know your sister was going to make a run for it?" She watches me.

"I had a feeling because I know how she is but when she came into the café she told me it ended early and you were busy on the phone." I lie to her.

"And you believed her?" She crosses her arms.

"Well we normally don't lie to each other. This was the first time." I tell the truth but also lie to her.

"Valentine, please don't go getting in trouble with your sister. I understand she is your sister but you've been going so good here. I have big hopes for you." She sighs so I nod my head before going to my room to change out of my uniform into something comfortable.

Bored after some hours of reading in my room, I end up going to Wednesday and Enid's dorm room to see Wednesday talking to Thing, "When did you catch him? I caught him outside the nurses." I laugh walking over to her bed.

"When I was writing I felt him spying on me." She glares at him.

"There's no way father killed someone. If he did it on purpose he would have told us that as a bedtime story." I change the topic.

"I know that's why I want to know what the sheriff meant. I want to know whole story." She sighs.

"Val, Xavier wants you in the quad." Enid pops her head into the room.

"He would've just text or call me? Plus it's dark out." I ask her confused.

"I don't know. Just go to the boy. I gonna go do some homework with Yoko." She leaves in a rush.

"These people kill me." I get up groaning.

"You choose to make friends." Wednesday tells me.

"I know that." I leave her room going down to the quad.

On the way there I bump into Rowan as he was in a hurry and end up getting a vision of him looking for a book in a library I haven't seen. I watch him rushing away confusing me why I would get that vision. Letting out a breath of air I continue my way outside to see Xavier working on his art he hasn't finished yet.