10 | Festival

~~~

~~~

"You making your great escape tonight?" I joke walking into Wednesday and Enid's room.

"Yes. You're friend Tyler is diving me to the train station." She tells me.

"When did you ask him?" I ask confused since he hasn't told me about doing this.

"A day ago or something." She tells me.

"Oh, okay." I nod my head.

"Xavier is looking for you." Enid comes into the room so I roll my eyes.

"Enid, have you seen Valentine?" Xavier knocks on the door.

I glare at her so she won't tell him. "I have to open the door." She goes towards it door so I rush to the window going outside to hide. "No, I haven't seen her. Wednesday?" I hear Enid ask.

"No, I haven't but seeing how she's avoiding you I would advise you to simply give up on trying." Wednesday tells him.

"If you see her can you please tell her to come by or try to find me tonight." I hear Xavier leave.

"Why are you still ignoring him if he wants to make up?" Enid asks as I come back into the room.

"Because he doesn't actually mean it. He'll still bring up Tyler and why am I friends with him." I roll my eyes.

"Then just ignore him when he does. You know Tyler differently so forget what Xavier says about him." Enid shrugs her shoulders.

"I guess you're right." I huff leaving the room.

Outside though Xavier was waiting with his arms crossed, "I knew you were hiding in there because Enid was smiling when she opened the door like she had a secret." He says making me throw my head back. "I'm sorry for making you mad." He sighs as I walk to my room.

"But you'll keep bringing him up as long as I'm friends with him so really you'll never be sorry." I turn to face him.

"What if I promise I'll try my best not to. Even though I hate that you're friends with him... at least he's good to you." He sighs. "Please forgive me." He stares at me.

"Ugh, I forgive you." I tell him making him smile and hug me so I step out of it, "No." I make a face shaking my head.

"Got it, not a hugger. Wanna hangout later at the Harvest Festival?" He asks me.

"I'll think about it if Enid doesn't drag me around." I tell him and continue my way to my room.

-

When we all get to the festival I stand with Wednesday and Enid looking at Tyler with his dad. "Val I know your good friends with that normie but are you sure you can trust him?" Enid asks Wednesday.

"I trust that I can handle myself. And I doubt he would do anything to Valentine's sister." Wednesday tells her.

"Well good luck and safe travels." Enid tries to hug Wednesday again, "Still not a hugger. Got it. I'm going to find Yoko." Enid leaves us.