19 | Split Up?

~~~

~~~

The next day Tyler said his dad didn't want him seeing me for awhile because Wednesday always ends up in the center of everything bad. None of us were allowed to leave because the school was on lockdown so I just stayed in my room or hung out with Enid. "Let's go." Wednesday opens my door confusing me.

"Wednesday." I get up rushing after her.

"Ready for our girls night?" Enid pops up.

Outside I realize we were getting in Tyler's car. "Wait, he's our Uber driver?" Enid asks confused.

"Uber driver? I thought you said Valentine needed to see me? You made it sound serious." Tyler asks confused.

"I thought this was a girls' night out." Enid looks at Wednesday.

"If I needed to see you I would have texted or called you." I tell Tyler.

"A change of plans." She tells us.

"What's up with the weird matching hoodie scarf things?" Tyler asks us three.

"Don't ask. Just drive." She tells him.

Enid crosses her arms leaning back upset. "I didn't know." I whisper to her.

"I know." She huffs.

Wednesday had Tyler drive us to the Gate's mansion wanting to go inside making Enid nervous. "Okay, this isn't what I signed on for." Tyler tells Wednesday.

"Ditto." Enid agrees.

"If we get caught you're going to be in more trouble. And I'm going to get dragged into making Tyler's dad not trust me again and make Weems want to keep an eye on me." I speak up.

"I want to do this for my birthday. Not a dinner or surprise party like you did Val." She looks back at us as she unlocks the gate.

"Then you shoulda just said so. You didn't have to trick us." Tyler tells her.

"If you want to go, you can. I'm going to go check out the garage." Wednesday heads in so I look at the two then follow her and they follow me.

Wednesday, Tyler and I couldn't open a door so Enid steps in getting it open. We go into the garage and see the car that hit the mayor. "Okay. This just took a dark turn. We need to call Tyler's dad right freaking now." Enid panics.

"Why? So he can take me back to Nevermore and get me expelled? It's not gonna happen." She walks off again.

"Come on Enid." I link my free arm with hers.

"This is the night I'm gonna die." Tyler makes me laugh so I apologize.

"Enid, it's okay." I tell her as she whimpers as we go inside the house.

As we explore a room something catches my eye. "Kinda like at home." I say pressing a piece on the bookshelf making it open.

"You're right." Wednesday gives me a slight smile.