25 | Red Boots

~~~

~~~

Before heading back to school, I sneak go to see Xavier since I wanted to tell him everything. It wasn't hard to distract the guards and mess with the cameras not to see me. When I get to Xavier, I see him walking around chained to the ground.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't stop Wednesday." I speed walk over to the cell.

"Val, you're going to get caught. What are you doing here?" He walks as close as he can get to me.

"I doubt it. I wanted to see you and tell you everything. I know who the Hyde is. You were kinda right about Tyler being trouble. But at the same time wrong since he has a split personality I saw." I mess with my hands as I talk to him.

"How do you know it's him all of a sudden?"

"Our recent kiss I got a vision when I went to go see him after you got arrested. Kinda wish I got something a long time ago from him so you wouldn't be in here right now. I wish I tried harder to get things..." I start to tear leaning against the cell bars, "I feel stupid deep down."

Xavier reaches out and takes my hand, "Don't feel stupid. You said he has a split personality and if that's 100% true like you saw... you fell for his good side not his Hyde side. Love can make you blind at times."

"I just want you out of here. I told Sheriff Galpin that my friend is an innocent accused of being the killer." Xavier takes my other hand and I get a vision of him back at school giving Wednesday's cell phone before we all leave to go home.

"What did you see?" He asks squeezing my hands.

"Everything is going to be okay soon. I should go before they realize something." I squeeze his hand before getting ready to leave but he stops me.

"Thanks for being a good friend, Valentine. You've come a long way since you got here." I give him a smile shocking my head heading out.

While I was sitting on my bed trying to figure out who Tyler's master is, Wednesday comes into my room. "I'm expelled of course but Xavier made a point when I went to go see him. The thing Rowan told me about me ruining the school... if I'm not here it will never happen. It's possible for you to ruin it too so maybe you should leave with me." She stands at the end of my bed.

She had a point, if I'm a possible reason as well I should leave too, "You're right." I get up to go tell Weems I was going to go home with Wednesday. "Principal Weems..." I walk into her office.

"Valentine, how can I help you?"

"I'm going leave with Wednesday tomorrow. If Rowan's mother was right about us being the reason for Nevermore's demise... It won't happen if we're both gone. Tyler told Wednesday it was coming so I don't want that to happen. I learned to love this school and I do t want to see the end of it." I stand in front of her.