15 | Asking...

~~~

~~~

Enid and a few girls decided we should all go dress shopping for the dance. They wanted us to wear white to match the theme but there was no way I'd wear a white dress. While I went to look at dresses with the girls, Wednesday whet off to see the sheriff. Barely into the shopping I got bored so I left to go to the Weathervane.

As I walk in Tyler bumps into me on the way out, "Val." He smiles.

"Tyler." I smile back.

"What are you doing in town today?" He asks as we walk outside down the sidewalk.

"A few girls are dress shopping. I got bored of watching them." I shrug my shoulders.

"For the Rave'N this weekend. It was all the buzz at the Weathervane today." He says as we come to a stop.

"Wow, everyone is really obsessed with this dance." I shake my head.

"So, you're not going?" He asks.

"Actually, I was forced to ask someone because of Wednesday." I roll my eyes still pissed at her. "

Sure, that happens. Who is it?" He asks eyeing me.

"Xavier..." I watch his whole face change.

"Got it. Hope you two have fun." He starts to walk away.

"Why are you upset? I literally said I was forced." I make him turn around.

"I have a reason to be upset because you keep giving me these signals. I thought we liked each other, but then you pull something like this because you were forced?" He looks at me with so many different emotions.

"Wednesday put me on the chopping block because he almost caught us snooping around his shit. She made something up on the spot and threw me under the bus she was driving. I didn't want to ask him to the stupid dance. If I was going to ask anyone it would have been you." I start to get frustrated. "I told you Xavier was missing something so that meant I don't like him more than a friend." I run my hands through my hair getting even more frustrated. "I still don't fully know feelings because I'm developing new ones I've never felt before until I met you. You make me feel so many things and it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind." I feel myself wanting to cry which I hated was a thing now when I feel super frustrated.

Tyler walks up to me and stops right in front of me looking down at me, "You make me feel like I'm losing my mind as well." He takes a hold of one of my hands.

"I'm sorry." I take my hand back and walk away confused wanting to run to the train station and lay down on the tracks.

-

I just end up walk back to school to clear my mind. "Miss Addams, a gift from your mother has arrived today. I sat it on your bed." Ms. Thornhill smiles at I pass her in the hall.