8 | Making Enemies

~~~

~~~

For Wednesday's session with Dr. Kinbott I go into town with her and Weems. "Dr. Kinbott's office is in the second floor. Other Nevermore students and your sister swear by her." Weems tells her as we pull up.

"You'll be here until I'm done?" Wednesday asks.

"Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate." Weems suggests to her.

"Principle Weems, this feeble attempt at binding is beneath you. And chauffeuring your students around is below your pay grade." Wednesday gets out of the car.

"Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening." Weems lets her know.

"I wish you luck." Wednesday shuts the door.

"Can I go to the Weathervane?" I ask Weems.

"Yes, you may." She says so I get out.

When I enter the café I see Tyler working on the espresso machine so I walk up to him. "Since it's the espresso machine that means I still can have my hot chocolate right?" I say with a smile then watch him stare at me, "Can I talk to you?" I get serious.

"The machine is broke. I have to fix it." He waves the manual.

"Tyler, please." I give him a sad look. He walks over to the side so it can be slightly private. "I'm going to keep being just yours and Xavier's friend until l know things and my own feelings." I explain leaning against the wall as he leans on the wall across from me with his arms crossed. "I'm not good at understanding myself when it comes to feelings. Others it's easier because it's like reading a book but I'm unreadable. I'm not used to them. Especially these kinds so I would appreciate it if we can keep being friends." I mess with my fingers again nervously.

He sighs uncrossing his arms, "I don't wanna lose you as a friend, you're the first person to understand me. So I want you to know I'm completely okay with with us just being friends till you understand your feelings. But I do want you to know if you end up not feeling the same way, I still don't want to lose you as a friend. My shitty life got a little better when you showed up." He steps closer to me.

"I don't wanna lose you as a friend either because you seem to be the only person who has gotten me to open up to without a court order." I chuckle some getting off the wall, "And you're also the only one who really wants to get to know all of me." I give him a smile.

"I gotta get back to work, now." He gives me a smile.

"Go try to tame that beast." I play shove him back to the front.

"I can't read Italian though." He looks back at me.

"I can."

"Do you want to help a friend out?" He motions for me to follow him.