UNBELIEVABLE

___________c h a p t e r  f o u r

___________
c h a p t e r  f o u r

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas complains as Dustin leads them on a hike up the field.

"Cerebro works best at 100 meters."

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," Max comments.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon."

"Oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?"

"That's the Amish."

"What are Mormons?"

"Super religious white people. They have like, electricity and cars and stuff, but since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve."

"How Shakespearean of you," Bianca teases.

"Right, like Romeo and Juliet."

"Sure," Mike nods.

"Star-crossed lovers."

"We get it."

"This is tiring, Dustin. You can't call her on a cooler day?" Bianca groans.

"I can carry you the rest of the way," Mike offers.

"Yeah right."

"Yeah I don't think you can," Will shakes his head.

"I so can. She's like 5 feet tall."

"Alright, let's try," Bianca chuckles, hopping on his back.

He lets out a breath at the extra weight, continuing up the hill. His face shows he's clearly struggling, and Max starts to laugh at how red his cheeks were getting.

"Okay, I can't. But it's only because it's hot and all of my energy is being devoted to not passing out," he lets her down, downing some of her water.

"Sure. I don't know if I should be offended."

"He's just weak," Max shrugs.

"I am not weak."

"Yes you are."

"Onwards and upwards, my friends!"

They all groan, beyond ready to go back.

"Why do we have to go so far?" El questions, and everyone nods in agreement.

"Because that's how the radio works, now come on. You guys can handle Demo-dogs but you can't handle a little hill?"

"This is not little," she continues.

"Just come on," he waves his hand over, keeping a steady pace.

"Your girlfriend better be the coolest girl on Earth," Bianca fans herself, continuing after him.