BILLY...?

_________c h a p t e r  n i n e

_________
c h a p t e r n i n e

Luckily, the girls grabbed raincoats before leaving just in case it started raining, because boy did it rain on their way to the pool.

They finally arrive, hair dripping onto the counter as they lean over to ask the lifeguards a question.

"Excuse me?"

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike. And don't try to argue with me. You wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree," he responds with a bored tone, not once looking up from his magazine.

"Yeah, we don't care, we're not here to swim. Or get electrocuted," Max rolls her eyes, while El pulls out the fanny pack.

"We found this," she holds it up, finally garnering some attention from them.

"Do you think it belongs to anybody that works here?" Bianca asks.

"Oh, yeah. That's Heather's. I'll get it back to her," he nods, still completely uninterested.

"We could give it back to her," El jumps in.

"You could, except she's not here. Bailed on me today," he retorts, making the girls share a look. "What is this? You girls want a reward or something?"

"No, we're just... Good Samaritans," Max tilts her head, and Bianca fights a giggle.

El then looks over to the bulletin board, focusing on the polaroid of Heather.

"Heather," Max reads. "Do you think you can find her?"

El simply glances at the preoccupied lifeguards, snatching the picture while Bianca guides them to the showers.

"They should be empty cause of the storm," the brunette pushes the door open, proven correct.

While Max turns on all the shower heads, El and Bianca grab some goggles, covering them with duct tape.

El places them on her head, and the girls look on in intrigue at what she'll find.

"What do you see?"

"A door. A red door."

Soon after, she abruptly rips the goggles off, clearly shocked by what she saw, prompting Bianca and Max to touch her arm.

"What is it?"

"Not good."

_____

Meanwhile, Sam was nearly dying of boredom as Dustin continues scanning the mall. She was finishing her second milkshake as he finally gasps, "Target acquired."

"Where?" Steve looks around.

"10 o'clock. Sam Goody's."

"Give me that," Steve takes the binoculars, finding him. "Shit. Duffel bag."