WINS AND LOSSES

__________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - s i x

__________
c h a p t e r t w e n t y - s i x

As soon as the car lands, Nancy jumps down, immediately trying to pry the hood off. "How do we get it open?"

"Check under the wheel," Jonathan suggests, as he and Dawn also begin to search for a way to get it open.

"Shouldn't there be like a lever or a button or something?" Bianca points out.

"There should be."

Meanwhile, Max notices El digging through the trash cans, which she strikes as odd, even for the brunette, which makes her tap the closest person to her, which happened to Mike of all people.

"What's she doing?"

"El, are you alright?" Mike voices just as the girl holds her hand up to the can she'd fished out.

Before she can respond, the group starts to notice a booming noise coming closer. At first, it sounded so faint, you'd think it might've just been a little thunder. But as it gets closer, the group could practically feel the ominous creature lingering approaching them, waiting to strike.

"Got it," Jonathan announces as he grabs the ignition cable, unaware of the horror above them.

"Nancy!" Mike shouts as he spots it climbing on the roof, slowly breaking the glass ceiling, and runs in the opposite direction with Max and El.

Bianca runs as well, getting behind the car with Nancy, Dawn, Will, Jonathan and Lucas. As she does so, she starts to panic at the separation between them and the other three, especially since El's powers didn't seem to be working like they usually do.

_____

Unbeknownst to the chaos at the mall, the Scoops Troop successfully continues to navigate Murray from Weathertop, guiding him through the twists and turns inside the ducts.

"Scoops Troop, this is... hm... Bald Eagle. I've reached another junction," he begrudgingly speaks through the radio.

"That's what?"

"The fourth one," Sam nods.

"Alright, so if memory serves, this is right after the My Little Pony thesis," Dustin recalls.

"We went left, so he has to go..."

"Right."

"Fly right, Bald Eagle. Fly right."

"What's the My Little Pony thesis?"

"Do not remind me," Sam groans, eyes locked on Steve, who was staring off into the distance.

"Don't get him started."

"Get him started? Just tell me-" Robin furrows her eyebrows.

"Hey guys?" Steve speaks up, forcing them to pause the conversation and walk over.