PETTY FIGHTS

__________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y

__________
c h a p t e r  t w e n t y

After everyone showered and went home last night, the group decided to meet back up at Hopper's cabin the next morning.

It wasn't easy pretending she wasn't concerned for her sister when her mom was blabbing away about how excited she was for her and Steve, but Bianca knew if they could solve this Mind Flayer problem then Sam would be fine.

Hopefully.

For now, she just needed to worry about El, who was trying to locate Billy with her powers.

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long," Mike glances at the door.

"Mike, you need to relax," Max rolls her eyes.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?"

Bianca perks up at that, briefly pausing her pacing as she tries to evaluate the pros and cons.

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas widens his eyes.

"No, it's not. He made it up. Mike doesn't know what he's talking about," Max glares.

"Well-" Bianca begins to speak up, cut off by them both.

"Oh, and you do?"

"Can you argue quietly?" Dawn shouts. "We're trying to focus."

"Who's next?"

"There is no next. Unless you want to start calling
random people's homes."

"The Blackburns only answer after the second call," Dawn glances up from her magazine, a hint of amusement in her voice.

She was also growing concerned at not only Sam and Dustin's absence, but also by how tolerable she was finding Nancy.

Jonathan was fine too, she supposed.

"It doesn't make sense."

"What part of any of this makes sense?"

"There's a pattern, okay? A consistency to their behavior. They've been feeding on these chemicals since this started, and... and, what, they just stop, out of the blue?" Nancy questions.

"Maybe they have all the chemicals they need. Maybe they've all turned into those... things."

"Yeah maybe they're all liquified now," the blonde nods, screwing her face up at the fact that she just agreed with him.

"But what about the source? I mean, did the Mind Flayer just suddenly stop infecting people? And even if the flayed are monsters now, why can't El find them?"

"Do you ever get tired of asking so many questions?" Dawn rolls her eyes, turning to the two kids walking up to them.

"Okay, can you guys settle an argument for us?" Max asks. "Who do you think should decide
El's limits? Mike or Eleven?"