HOUSE ARREST

__________c h a p t e r  f o u r t y - t w o

__________
c h a p t e r  f o u r t y - t w o

After a day spent trying and failing to get in contact with Joyce and get Eleven out of jail, the Byers, Mike, and Bianca head back home.

"I just don't know what we're supposed to do," Mike sighs.

"What if we go to Angela directly? Get her family to drop the charges?" Bianca suggests, pacing the room.

"I highly doubt that'll work. Rich people love getting people arrested," Jonathan shakes his head.

"I can be very persuasive," she adds, and Mike makes a skeptical look. "What?"

"What?" he widens his eyes.

"What's with the look? You think I'm not persuasive?" she crosses her arms.

"Guys," Will rolls his eyes, dropping his head back.

"No, I'm just confused, considering I'm the reason why your English teacher hasn't given you a C," Bianca raises her eyebrows at Mike.

"That's not exactly true," Mike holds his hands up.

"You have a C in English?" Jonathan raises his eyebrows. "That's not important, sorry."

"My point is," she frowns. "I know how to talk to people. I'm persuasive."

"Not persuasive enough," Will reluctantly shakes his head. "Angela's like devil incarnate."

"I propose we at least try," she stands up. "Guys-"

Her sentence gets interrupted by a knock at the door, following a series of cars driving up the lawn.

"Expecting guests?"

"No," Jonathan looks up in confusion, walking carefully walking towards the door.

When he opens it, they're met with a government officer holding up her badge. "I have some information for you all."

"Uh, who are you?" Bianca raises her hand.

"I'm with the government. With Dr. Sam Owens. There's something going on in Hawkins."

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me," Mike groans, as Jonathan lets the agents in.

____

Soon, the woman finishes explaining what was happening, if you could even call it an explanation.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just having trouble understanding any of this," Jonathan responds, the rest of them nodding in agreement. "I mean, what exactly is going on in Hawkins? What's doing these killings?"

"That's what we're trying to ascertain."

"Where is El, like right now?"

"For her safety, it's best you don't know."