-3-

A loud "see you next lesson" by my teacher made me and Sujin look at each other relieved. Neither of us liked chemistry. It was sort of interesting don't get me wrong but honestly not interesting enough to consider it a fun subject. I packed my bag and followed Sujin and the rest out of the classroom. The next lesson was gonna be the moment of truth. Every year after spring break, on the first day of school we got our new timetables with all the new teachers and periods. "I swear I will sue someone if we don't have enough classes together." Hayun said to which we all agreed. We were currently walking to the room of truth what we call it. Quietly taking our seats. Quiet usually wasn't the word to describe our little group but right now we were scared. Scared that we would be separated. You could tell by looking at Sujin. Even she was scared.

The teacher walked into the room. My eyes instantly darted towards the stack of papers in his hands. I gulped. It wasn't really that big of a deal since It wouldn't be a problem for me to find a place in a new class but we got so used to being together in every class that it was hard to imagine it being any other way. Mr. Sang cleared his throat and looked around the class. "A lot of new faces I see" he spoke. He was right. The class was filed with people I have never seen before. "As most of you already know, I'm only here to give you your new timetables and tell you about some organizational stuff for the following year." With that he didn't bother elaborating and started to go through the rows of seats giving each student their assigned paper. Aeri and Hayun were the first ones to receive theirs. They both looked back at me and Sujin with scared eyes. We both waited until we got our papers and on the count of 3 all of us turned their paper around. We instantly began scanning and comparing our papers searching for similarities. I instantly noticed that mine and Sujins papers looked quite similar except for some single lessons. But looking at Aeris and Hayuns papers my eyes widened. We only had 4 classes together. I looked up and met Aeris eyes. We looked at each other without saying anything. "no way" we heard hayun whisper as she held her papers next to ours. All four of us stayed silent. It was a moment of defeat. Me and Sujin shared the most classes together while I only shared 3-4 with Aeri and Hayun. Sujins classes were spread equally among us while Aeri and Hayun had most classes together.

It was lunch time. Our group walked towards the cafeteria hoping to still get a free table since there were many new students. Aeri pulled us towards a table, pretty much in the middle of the big hall. We sat down. "I still can't believe it" Hayun said. "Only 4 classes with my baby Deiji" Aeri said frowning, for which she earned a slap on the shoulder from me. "It could have been worse guys" Sujin said trying to lift the mood a bit. Aeri was looking down "How am I gonna do this without you Idiots helping me???" she questioned. Aeri wasn't the most social person. She didn't mind with us by her side but alone in a class, it was different for her and we all knew that. "Guys it's only periods of 1 hour 30 minutes. We still see each other during lunch break and after school. It's not like we are gonna disappear from each others lives" I said laughing a little, which made the rest of the girls giggle. "I know but I'm still gonna miss messing around with you guys" Hayun said. "Maybe it won't be as bad as we think. We will find other friends as well and get more tea to spill for each other" Sujin said with a wink. I smirked at her. She knew how to make the best out of any situation. "Let's stop sulking and get some food. Food makes any situation better!" Hayun cheered and we all agreed, grabbing a tray and waking towards the food bar. Todays menu was Fish with mashed potatoes. I didn't like fish at all so i decided to get the vegetarian menu which was basically just pasta. After paying for the food we went back to our seats and started eating.

You could tell the mood was much better after we all finished eating. At least until we came to the realization that in the next class everyone was gonna be on their own. We headed outside the cafeteria and hesitated. "WE GOT THIS" I screamed catching the rest off guard. We laughed at the sudden energy and hugged once more before parting ways.