Chapter 7

Time is everything

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

I had thrown myself into my designs and taking up more shifts at Bakerman and less time at Karen's Cafe and making a plan to possibly turn my sketching and design hobby into something bigger. It was a good distraction and a nice break from the drama. It was also nice knowing someone thought more of me and had some faith in me. They were thinking about my future and didn't think of me as a screw up. The looks I got from people in town stuck with me, even my own family and  some of my friends give me the same look as these strangers who just viewed as bottom of the barrel.

It sucked knowing people thought that low of you as a human being. Today it was pretty dead so I was spending most of the time behind the counter at Bakerman just sketching away in my own little world. The front door of bakerman rings signaling that someone just walked into the shop.

I quickly shut my sketchbook, putting on a happy face for the customers " Hi,welcome to Bakermans. How may I help you? '' I asked as I looked up and locked eyes again with James Lucas Scott.

''Jamie ? Hi... What are you doing here ? '' I was confused, he probably knew me and his sisters were on the outs,they probably don't want there brother anywhere near me. So I didn't understand why he was here and if he was gonna try to make us kiss and make up. It was just not gonna happen. He just laughs a little seeing that I was shocked by his presence.

" I got a box of stuff, mom wanted me to bring here for Brooke. Don't worry I am not trying to play peacemaker for you and my sisters."
I just nodded, '' Oh right...she mentioned that. she is not in today but I can grab the boxes from you and let her know you stopped by." I smiled at him and tucked my sketchbook away and followed him to the his car to help grab boxes. We both grabbed boxes and brought them inside then set them down in the backroom.

" Thank you muscle man for the help,"  I told Jamie and he nodded.

" You're welcome but it kind of was my job in the first place," he says laughing as I go back behind the counter and pull my sketchbook back out. He leaned against the counter as I sketched.

" So when are you and my sisters gonna stop being stubborn and kiss and make up?"  Jamie says looking over at me,i raised my eyebrows at him.

" I thought you were staying out of it,Scott," I said, smirking over at him.

" I am,I will, but come on, Gatina. You know I gotta get involved especially because it's you guys. Are you really gonna sit here and tell me,that no matter how mad you are.You are ready to lose each other forever, cause I do not believe that for a second.'' Blondie had a point,but i just didn't know if i could just forgive and forget.