CHAPTER 17

SLIDE.

You woke up feeling much better than you did at the end of the game. Your body felt much warmer and you actually were able to take full breaths.

That's when you realized that Chishiya had put his jacket on you, so that you would be wearing it. Not only that, but you had been laying on his shoulder. You didn't even know how long you'd been unconscious for.

"I'm sorry for keeping you here." You apologized. "Why didn't you drop me off in my room?"

He was sitting right next to you on the bench. "There were too many people, and I couldn't carry you through the halls without getting weird looks and bumping into people."

"Well thank you.. again."

The edges of his lips curved upward as he gave you his signature smirk. "Of course."

"I thought I was going to die during the game."

"I thought you died when you passed out."

"The water was freezing!"

"Hypothermia."

You took a second to take in the single word that he said. "Wait, did anyone else survive?"

"I don't know, and I don't care. They weren't what I was focusing on."

"What did you even do in the room?"

"I had to answer riddles and questions correctly. If I answered correctly then it would help you, if I was wrong, then it would make the obstacle harder for you."

"Thank you."

"You scared me."

"When I almost fell? Or when I finished swimming?"

He put his hands into the pocket of his shorts. "When you nearly fell into the fire."

"You were able to see what I was doing?"

"There was a screen behind the door."

You stared forward while you allowed yourself to think back to the game. Most of the game wasn't that hard, however, it was only the stakes that increased with each obstacle.

"How long has it been?" You asked Chishiya, sighing.

He readjusted his sitting position to be closer to you. "A few hours."

With all the sounds of people partying and being noisy, you could assume that it couldn't be any later than 12.

"Chishiya, I'm so sorry you had to deal with me."

He placed both his hands onto your shoulder before reassuring you. "You're the person that I can deal with the most. I'd rather deal with you than anyone else."

You were surprised by what he'd said. It was surprisingly out of character, but you thanked him anyway.

Suddenly, you felt your arm being grabbed.

"Wait, do you want your jacket back?" You asked Chishiya, starting to take your arm out of the sleeve.

"I just need to check your wound. I want to make sure that the chlorine didn't do anything to your wound. Hopefully it didn't hurt you too much."

You took off the jacket and placed it onto your lap. The doctor then took your arm and carefully took off the bandage. You watched him as he unwrapped your wound, there wasn't much blood thankfully. However the bandage was still slightly wet.

"Does it hurt?" Chishiya asked you, feeling around your arm, trying to catch any expressions you get from him touching a part of your arm.

"No, not really." You shook your head.

He got up and walked over to the trash can to throw away the gauze. "Does your neck hurt?"

"Kind of, but I'm just incredibly thirsty."

A sigh escaped from his lips as he sat back down to face you. "At this point I might as well be your full time caretaker."

"For free?"

_______________________________
Bro this isn't funny anymore, each chapter is becoming shorter and shorter

This chapter is dedicated to my favorite commenters out there, you know who you are (I hope)