CHAPTER 31

SLIDE.

You woke up to the silence that followed Asahi's death.

"What happened..?" You mumbled, barely awake.

Chishiya was in the same position that he was when you first fell asleep because he didn't want to wake you. "Asahi announced that she was the dealer of this game, then a laser shot her down."

"Wait what?" You stumbled to get yourself to stand up.

Below in the annex, you saw her body in the center and everyone frozen in their actions.

"It was a reverse grip!" Ann announced as she entered the room on Kuina's shoulder. "Fingerprints with a reverse grip were found on the knife."

The executive held the knife up for the crowd to see. "That means that Momoka grabbed the handle of the knife and stabbed it into her own chest. She was the witch."

Everyone was silenced in shock.

"But why would she do that?"

"It couldn't have been just for the game."

"So Momoka was really.. the game master after all?"

"And that girl said she was the dealer. So they were just toying with us the whole time, then?"

As their conversation amongst themselves continued, you and Chishiya began to make your way towards the set of stairs that would lead you down. Since the game was coming to a close, the both of you had decided that there wouldn't be a better time than now to just get back onto the ground floor.

While walking down the steps, the only phrase that you were able to make out was from Arisu. "I don't want anybody else to die!"

Once you and your friend made it to the first floor, you were quick to point out the smell of smoke. "The fire is spreading, we are going to have to get out as soon as possible."

It only took a second before the fire was noticeable by the people in the annex. Once they saw it, the group began to run around with no sense of direction. People crushed around Momoka's body to try to bring her to the fire of judgment. However, you watched several bodies fall with the sound of gunshots following.

"That hurt." You were able to recognize Niragi's voice.

Turning behind you, you locked eyes with Chishiya. "I thought he'd be dead!"

"Clearly not." The male retorted, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"If I could do it all over again, I'd use this fire of Judgement to burn this whole place down!" Niragi trudged onwards. "And that will make me the winner!"

The militant had scraps barely covering his body and a torch in one hand while a rifle in the other. A psychotic laugh left his lips before he threw the fire lit torch onto the carpet ground, growing the rapid spread of the fire. Following that, he shot into the crowd, not taking even a second to aim.

With him acting out like that, you knew that there was no way you or Chishiya would be able to run out of the exit for sure unscathed. The two of you only hid behind the open entrance of the staircase, waiting out for things to die down.

Usagi had run up behind Niragi unnoticed, and she managed to jump onto him, giving Arisu the time to grab onto the militant's dominant arm.

"I'm going to kill you!" The crazy male kicked Arisu away and threw Usagi onto him after.

With a gun pointed at Arisu, Niragi's grin widened. "You're dead. I'll kill you all!"

He pulled the trigger, hoping that the bullet would get to Arisu, but it was blocked by Aguni. Niragi shot two more bullets, but both were blocked by the number 1 as he continued to run towards the near death burnt nugget. Several more bullets were shot, only for them to barely graze the advancing male.

Aguni's scream of determination began to fade as he pushed Niragi further and further into the dust-clouded building remains. More gunshots were heard and then it was silent.

"Come on." Chishiya whispered to you, hand holding your wrist, lightly tugging on it.

You nodded and followed the doctor out of the building, leaving everyone else to finish the job.

"Game cleared. Congratulations."

You stood beside Chishiya with your tennis bag an hour back. The two of you stood on the steps that faced the Beach. Every one of the members who survived were around you, each watching as the building burned.

"This is the end of our paradise." You heard Ann say.

Even from so far away, you would hear the bright red and orange flames cackle as the smoke rose into the air.

"So many of us died." You heard Tatta cry, falling to the ground onto his knees.

You took a step forward, wanting to comfort him, but Chishiya refused to let you go. "Stay here."

"..Alright." You weren't sure if he was completely faking the hurt in his voice or not, but you stayed just in case.

You watched as Tatta cried.

"I don't think that I can ever forgive them." Usagi made her way to the remaining militants, only for her friend to grab firmly onto her wrist. "Let me go!"

Arisu's voice was soft, comforting even. "You can't."

Usagi's voice broke as she began to cry. "But they killed 'em all! I can't let that go!"

One of the militants, after hearing her words, dropped onto their knees and pulled a gun out of his pocket. He aimed the muzzle right under his chin. You heard him inhale deeply before a click was heard. The gun had no bullets.

"Let's end this." Arisu had both his hands on Usagi's now, trying his best to bring her back down to Earth. "Everyone here, we're still alive. And that's all that matters right now. That's all that matters."

He had barely managed to muster out the last sentence before tumbling over.

"Arisu?" Usagi tried to catch his attention. "Arisu!"

The two were in each other's arms when the female spoke again. "I get it now. I understand. Arisu.."

No one stayed longer than they had to. Once they had finished grieving and finally took in the reality of the situation, they would leave to continue completing the games on their own.

You and Chishiya were the first to leave.
_______________________________
Please let me know of any spelling errors :)

LOVE YOU ALL 🫶🫶

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the chapter