CHAPTER 20

SLIDE.

"So what are you guys discussing?" Chishiya's voice interrupted.

By the look of his face, you could tell that he had heard part of the conversation. You weren't sure how much he's heard. It didn't matter though, his tone had a hint of anger. You barely caught onto it.

Since there wasn't a point in lying, you decided to slightly twist the truth. "We were talking about people that we should watch out for."

"I'm interested, who did you bring up?" His eyes shifted to Kuina, as if he knew.

You noticed her body stiffening. "Are you okay Chishiya?"

The doctor changed his standing position. His hands were still in his pocket as he looked down at Kuina. The ends of his lips were curved upward, almost making him appear harmless.

"I'm alright." He said.

Something was off, incredibly off. Chishiya's demeanor was much more passive aggressive than usual.

It didn't make sense, you thought that they were friends. However, judging by how this conversation was, you felt the need to butt in and break the unnecessary tension.

"Let's go Chishiya." You got up and grasped onto his wrist, trying to pull him away. "We were about finished with our conversation anyways."

As the two of you walked out of the garden, you turned your head back. Kuina wore a worried smile on her face while watching the two of you walk away.

"I heard what the two of you were talking about."

You kept walking, getting closer to the indoor part of the beach. Not a single word left your mouth.

"Do you really believe her Y/n?"

Truth be told, you didn't know who's side you were going to take. You understood what Kuina meant when she said that he was acting differently, and then on the other hand, it was hard to believe that it was true.

You weren't sure how to answer his question, so you tried to clear things up for yourself first. "I'll answer your question after you answer mine; why are you acting differently?"

"Kuina only says that to get into your head, she also knows nothing about us."

You gave him a side glance. "Yeah, but why don't you let me do anything by myself then? How are  you going to explain that?"

The two of you finally made it into the building. You both stood in the middle of the building before Chishiya motioned to you that he'll continue to explain once you two were in his room.

"I just care a lot about you Y/n." Your friend locked his bedroom door. "I don't want to see you with anyone else or let anyone else be your best friend."

You took a few steps back, aware of the sudden change of tone. "I couldn't give anyone else that title Chishiya, we both know that."

"I didn't mean for it to come off weird or anything." The male quickly put up his hands, only showing you the gauze and bandage that he held.

This gave you a bit of relief, but you still weren't sure what he meant by what he said.

He walked over to you and reached out for your arm, which you put out for him. Following that, he led you to his oddly soft bed where you were able to sit while he took off the white bandage on your arm and rebandaged your neck with the soft white gauze.

You watched attentively as he tended to your healing wound.

Next he moved onto your arm. He cleaned the area with a cotton swab and water before going at it again but with alcohol. Next, he brought out a syringe filled with clear white liquid. This was the first time.

Without warning, he stuck the needle into your arm and pushed down and injected the liquid into you. You weren't even given a warning or explanation.

"What the fuck was that Chishiya?" You asked him, worriedness written all over your face.

He put the syringe back onto the wooden nightstand table by his bed. The male watched as your body began to feel heavy and fall back onto the soft mattress on his bed.

"It's just some anesthesia, don't worry about it, love."
_______________________________
THERE WE GO FINALLY SOMETHING INTERESTING

(The next two or three chapters will be a bit weird and hard to not cringe to, sorry 😭)

THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME