CHAPTER 43

SLIDE.

'Where the hell am I?'

You looked around you, but you were surrounded by the unfamiliar. There was not a single thing that you could use to identify where you were located. You couldn't find a street name either.

Looking up, you found out that you were dropped off between 2 games; the last two games. The only two remaining were The Queen of Hearts and the King of Spades.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice called out.

You turned behind you. Chishiya was running up to you, it was the most panicked you've ever seen him.

"Why are you here again?" You asked, taking several steps back.

He firmly held onto your shoulders, almost hard enough to leave marks. "I've been looking everywhere for you. Where have you been?"

"Nowhere." You mumbled, trying to shake him off.

Chishiya stared at you dead in the eyes. "Don't try to lie to me."

"Well, it's nowhere that you should be worrying about." You said annoyedly. "You don't want me injured, and I'm fine. See!"

He scoffed. "I don't want you to be going off with some random dumbass either."

His grip softened and he pulled you into his arms; again a first. Chisihya felt so vulnerable at the moment, and he seemed unhinged. His arms around you were tight, almost as if it was his first hug in years.

The doctor had you around his finger, always forgiving him, and this was no difference.

'Maybe he's just scared of being abandoned..?'

You tried to come up with an excuse for his actions. There were plenty, but you weren't able to be sure if he even had a valid reason to be so overprotective over you.

"Hey Chishiya, I don't think-"

Click.

The male let go of your body and gave you a quick kiss on the forehead. "And now you're going to be with me."

You looked at the collar-like device that was now on your left wrist. It was put on to where it wouldn't let any adjustments be made.

"What the fuck is this Chishiya?" You tried to move the tech bracelet. "Get this off of me."

He stood up and held a controller in his hand. "You're going to have to listen to me."

"And if I don't?"

"You'll die from the push of a button."

You looked at the device on your wrist. It was so snug on your wrist, that nothing would be able to fit through the space between your skin and the metal.

"I hate you Chishiya." You glared at him.

He tilted his head and his usual amused smile showed up. "I'm sure you'll learn to understand that all this that I'm doing is for you; for us."

"What 'us' is there!?"

Chishiya tapped the remote control, and you backed off. "Stay quiet for me, yeah?"

He took a few steps forward and stopped, motioning for you to follow him. And since you had no choice, you did.

"Hey. Fancy meeting you here." In front of the both of you, it was Arisu.

It was surprising that he was alone and carrying a rifle.

Arisu smiled, he seemed glad that he was able to find other players that were alive. "Chishiya. Y/n."

You couldn't do much to respond, so you just gave him the best smile you could muster up.

"There are only 2 games left. Players are starting to gather in Shibuya. I had a pretty good hunch that you were probably still alive." Chishiya walked up closer to Arisu, and you followed closely behind him.

'I need to find a fucking way to get this off of my wrist. Holy shit.'

"What?" You heard Arisu ask, hints of disappointment in his voice. "Is that the only thing you've got to say?"

"So?"

They stood several yards away from each other. If this was in any other situation, you would be dying laughing from the awkwardness.

"Nothing. It's just.. You're a lot less grumpy now."

A laugh escaped your mouth, but you quickly disguised it as a cough. They turned to you for a split second before returning to their mundane conversation.

"A lot less grumpy, huh?" Chishiya let out a chuckle. "Well, I've been through a hell of a lot."

He started taking further steps forward. "Hey, Arisu.. Can I share something with you that I've never told anyone before?"

Your eyebrows raised. What could he have possibly kept from everyone for over 2 decades?

Arisu seemed entertained. "Yeah."

"Well, I-"

He wasn't able to finish.

A gunshot sounded and you collapsed onto the floor. You clutched onto your side, cursing.

"Yo!" Niragi's voice entered the conversation from a distance.

Chishiya and Arisu quickly turned to the source of the voice. The burnt male was holding a handgun. He was limping, but the gun was still in his hand, aimed straight at either of the men that were in front of you.

"I thought I'd never see you again!" Niragi exclaimed. "I'm so fuckin' happy!"

"Niragi!" Arisu said in surprise.

With the militant member being focused on Arisu, Chishiya took the time to kneel over you and look at your wound. He helped move you behind the nearest car.

The bullet was located in a place where it thankfully wasn't fatal, but it was close. The pain was almost unbearable, hurt like a bitch.

You watched as the doctor ripped off his shirt just enough so that it could suffice as a tourniquet for your wound. His oversized black shirt had just become the right size.

"I didn't want to end things with a surprise attack. So let's begin. It's a new murder game. Not like there's anything else for the 3 of us to do here." Niragi looked over at your laid figure on the ground. "And let's say the winner gets to have their way with her."

The last sentence triggered something in Chishiya, and he immediately perked up. "You want to start a game between players?"

"The 3 of us are the same. Social outcasts. Losers. Yet we still want to know how it feels to be alive, more than anyone." The man dressed in all black coughed, and blood spilled from his mouth. "I don't have very much time left. Do me one last favor. One more game, come on. I thought you guys were my bros!"

He threw a gun at Chishiya. It landed right in front of him. He looked at the gun before looking back at you.

As much as you wanted to get this wound treated, you knew that if no one got rid of Niragi now, he could sure as hell cause more problems in the future. Knowing that, you urged Chishiya to go. In the end, you would either get handed over to Arisu, Chishiya, or Niragi like some sort of prize.

"Just fucking do it." You told him. "And I'd rather have to deal with you than Niragi, so please win."

He picked up the gun and smirked. "Sounds like fun."
__________________________
FOUR LEFT AND I HATE THIS CHAPTER SM

LOVE YOU ALL