CHAPTER 25

SLIDE.

Hatter was lying on the table, body still and limp. Arisu and all the executives were around his body, silent until you and Chishiya walked over to the table.

'It was Aguni.'

You didn't even second guess yourself. The tension from all the previous encounters that they had obviously resulted in this.

"Apparently he couldn't clear the game. The maintenance team just happened to find him in Shinjuku while we were filling up gas." Someone explained.

You stood by while Ann rushed forward to try to examine Hatter's body.

"Hey, do me a favor and keep your hands off him." Niragi interrupted her. "You're obsessed with dissecting things."

Her hand retreated from the body, but her eyes wandered the corpse. You noticed her eyes widen when she looked at the chest. She muttered something to herself before asking a question aloud.

"Did the game he was playing involve guns?"

One of the maintenance team members spoke up to answer. "Seems like it. Apparently people around the area heard gunshots."

"Holy shit! Looks like he should've brought the militant corps with him." Niragi exclaimed, being ever so sarcastic.

There was a moment of awkward silence. In this instance, you turned to Mira. She had her usual poker face on, but you knew that she definitely planned this. There was no way that someone should be able to maintain such a perfect posture while in front of a dead body without knowing that it was going to happen first.

She caught you taking a look at her, and Mira turned to you, her eyes said enough for you to understand.

"So now what? What happens to the Beach?" Someone's voice quivered.

You knew that Hatter was the only reason that all the members in the Beach had hope, if they knew about his passing, it would only lead the organization into chaos. No one would be safe and there wouldn't be a way to successfully acquire all the cards.

Since no one decided to speak up, Mira decided to. "No one says a word about this, understood? We don't want people freaking out."

This led to an executive continuing on the matter. "I'll step in as leader since I'm number 2."

"Wait a second." The man who had his hair half up shut down the idea. "Shouldn't the strongest person be the leader?"

He was the only one actively moving around the room. You weren't surprised however, he neer seemed to care enough about Hatter. Niragi only seems to appreciate or respect those who he deemed to be stronger or more powerful than he was. Which meant that Aguni was the only person who he'd actually listen to orders from. He has absolutely no care in the world for Hatter at all.

Niragi continued speaking when he was met by silence. "In case you didn't know, we're the ones who have been getting rid of the traitors, but we've been thrown into the shadows the whole time. This bullshit ends now, you got that?"

"If number 1 dies, everyone moves up by a number. We all knew that." Kuzuryu said.

"Yeah, well, this elitist dictator is dead. The power has shifted, hasn't it?" The militant member began walking around. "Let's just be democratic and go with the majority. Who's with me and thinks that Aguni should be our new leader?"

Not a single person in the room raised their hand.

"Are you all serious right now?" He scoffed, before turning to the militant member with face tattoos and nodding "Last Boss."

You were still close beside Chishiya and watched as the tall male unsheathed his katana and pointed it at Ann. He slowly brought up the blade to the woman's neck.

Niragi started again. "So I'll ask again. Who thinks Aguni should be leader?"
_______________________________ DOUBLE BECAUSE LAST ONE WAS SHORT LMFAO

I HOPE THEY WERE TO YOUR LIKINGG