CHAPTER 29

SLIDE.

You took your hand off the gun and moved a few steps back. "I cannot bare to watch that fucking man even be in the presence of another woman."

"It'll be okay Y/n, I'll get back at him for you. Don't worry."

You muttered a thanks while running your hand off the zipper of your jacket. Even though you weren't fully paying attention to what people were saying, you were able to recognize Mira's voice. Then Niragi's, and Ann's.

Leaning over the edge, you tried to calm yourself down. You needed to think. Two hours and almost 60 people. The first person that came to your mind was Momoka. That's usually who the killer is in the movies that are basically the same as the situation that you were in now.

"Hey Chishiya, what are the odds that Momoka killed herself?" You asked him, staring at her corpse.

He stood to the left of you, looking over the railing. "Possibly."

While you looked down at everyone below, you weren't able to notice Chishiya who was looking at you. More like staring. He was admiring you. The doctor felt so lucky to be able to meet you. He thought that you were far too perfect for the world; far too perfect for anyone. Chishiya felt like he needed to protect you; or even better, keep you for himself.

Out of nowhere, Chishiya wrapped an arm around your waist and turned the both of you over so ya'll would be hidden behind the pillar. Your face was dusted with the smallest yet noticeable amount of pink.

"You didn't have to do that, you know. You really could've just warned me." You muttered to the person who stood in front of you.

He loved it when he was able to get you into these situations: nervous and flustered. "I promised myself that I would always protect you, now is no different. There was someone who was about to look up at this floor."

You nodded your hand in understanding. "Thank you."

The wholesome and warm feeling didn't last long. It was cut short when you both heard a body thud to the ground. The crowd let out several gasps and words of surprise.

Carefully, you peeked over the ivory colored railing. Last Boss had just killed a girl, and his excuse was that he found her annoying.

From where you stood, you were also able to notice Aguni walk out into the annex. "If someone here is the witch, then everyone in this room except me could be the witch. So, who here is the witch? Step forward."

He and the other members of the militant corps were able to instill enough fear into the crowd to get them to move away immediately when they were within a meter of their path.

Once the number 1 made it to the center of the room, he started speaking again. "If no one will admit it, then all of you will burn."

When you sat down against the solid railing, you noticed that Chishiya had already sat down. No words were exchanged before the sound of gunshots rapidly firming and the crowd screaming filled the entire lobby. The whole Beach was sent into panic.

Through the loud sounds of screaming and panic, you heard Niragi speak. "Comb through all of them, got that? No one escapes!"

The voice isn't loud enough for you to hear, but you were able to tell that one one tried to talk Niragi out of it. Obviously it ended with the sound of a bullet and his body thudding to the ground.

"Woo-hoo!" He cheered.

You pulled the handgun that you brought with you earlier and kept it by your side in case.