CHAPTER 45

SLIDE.

"Chishiya!" You grouched beside him. "Why the hell did you do that!?"

Arisu rushed over after he was able to confirm Niragi was dead.

The doctor groaned, body flat on the ground. You put both your hands over his wound and did your best to apply pressure.

"I couldn't let you die."

"I hate you for that." You couldn't help the tears that began forming around your eyes.

Arisu was now crouched over Chishiya's body, and you could hear the sound of Usagi's worried voice approach as well.

The youngest of the group spoke up. "Hey. Before, what were you gonna say?"

"Oh, yea.. Honest people always seemed pretty stupid to me. I've always loved messing with people who try too hard in life. I hated selflessness. It's probably because I was jealous. They all had something I was missing. It was like they could always see what a pathetic and small-minded person I really was. I was always afraid." Chishiya said with broken breaths. "The closest thing or person I had with it was Y/n."

You tried to wipe your tears. No, you couldn't hate him. Nothing could bring you to. He truly did care.

"I guess.. Hunting rifles aren't as deadly as they seem." Niragi's voice appeared again.

Arisu picked up his rifle again.

"Whatever you do.. Just don't make me out to be the villain. If there were 7 billion of me, you guys would be villains too. You're pretty lucky, you know. You guys are the majority."

The sound of an airship approaching stopped him.

Everyone looked up and saw it. It was the King of Spades. He was making his way over here.

"Run!" Arisu shouted, yet no one moved.

The sound of bullets firing was followed by the sound of female screams.

"We need to hide their bodies under the cars." You told them.

Arisu and Usagi nodded. The three of you moved from car to car. You felt bad for leaving Chishiya there on the ground, but you knew that you'd get back to him eventually.

"The only blimps left are the King of Spades and the Queen of Hearts. Anybody who's left is gathering in Shibuya now that they've seen the blimps." Arisu observed

You tsked. "We need to take the king down."

"We can't go further if we don't." Usagi added on. "Huh? Look!"

You and Arisu looked to where Usagi had been pointing.

It took you a split second, but you were able to locate Ann and Kuina.

"Kuina!"

The two females turned to Arisu who called Kuina's name. Ann and Kuina rushed over.

'How is she still alive.. I thought Chishiya said that she was dead.'

Ann crouched down. "It's been a while."

"You're both okay. I'm so glad." Usagi said. "It's good to see you again."

Kuina looked at you and quickly spoke. "Where's Chishiya? Did he make it?"

"Yeah. I saw him, he's good." Arisu lied.

'He could die any fucking moment. I don't know shit about the anatomy.'

Ann looked over the car's rear. "Looks like the King of Spades wants to settle things here."