17. Deadline

-Friday, Oct. 21, 2022
- At home
- 4:39 p.m

Skie's POV

It's been almost two weeks since we got that "intimidating" threat from Jewls. Every day at school me and Aliiysa have made it a goal to make her suffer. The best thing to do when you're dealing with a jealous mf is to pretend like they don't exist and do you. I started hanging out with Aliiysa and her friends at lunch more, I know she hates that...but I love shitting on her parade.

I was doing my homework when I heard a knock on the door. Aliiysa was supposed to be coming over after her school, so I thought it was her but it wasn't. It was the landlord Ms.Benson....I can already see how this convo is gonna go.

"Hey um...your Skie right?"she asked

"Yea."

"Pleased to finally meet you. I'm the landlord, Ms. Benson." She smiled shaking my hand.

I smiled in response

"Um is your mother Ms. Carter around?"

"Um nahh, she uh..died last month." I said.

Her mouth dropped. "Oh my god, what happened?"

"A plane collision." I said, swallowing the tears that were forming.

"Um...h-how old are you?"she asked.

"18."

"Well um I came here because I was concerned about the rent being past due. Usually your mother is prompt into making sure she gets things done ahead of time. However in honor of her pass, I will give you a month extension. Um, if you don't know the rent in total is 1,400 dollars per month, including gas and lights."

"But I-I don't have a job."

"We'll I suggest you should get to work. The deadline is November 21st." She said

This bitch can't be serious rn.

"Have a good night Skie." She said while walking away.

I was pissed. "Yea yea, Fuck you." I said.

I slammed the door and started to pace for floor. How the fuck am I supposed to get a job and come up with 1400 buy next month. Even then, that's with the risk of getting hired at all. Then if i do put in a application I gotta wait till I get a call back which might take however long.

"Bro fuck my life." I said out loud to myself.

There was a knock at the door. I opened it and saw Aliiysa.

"I brought you some food." She smiled widely, holding up a bag from Chick-fil-A. Honestly I wasn't in the mood to eat. I gotta start looking for a job.

I kept a straight face at her response.

"Your not excited. Why?" She asked as her expression harden.