🐰

My hands and torso slowly soaked with the warm blood of the corpse and my cheeks hurt from smiling as I was still pumped up with adrenaline from the chase. It didn't take long for my mood to turn sour once the elevator shook and rattled as the light flickered, an indication that I was reaching my destination. The nearer I got, the feeling of dread and exhaustion overcame me.

I groaned at the thought of talking to him again.

Ugh..whatever.. its not like he can do anything to me anyways...

He's doesn't even have arms and legs yet.

Heh..forgot to attach them last week..

The elevator opened with an ear grinding creak as I struggled to carry the body because of the blood at this point. I shifted the body with my knee to not let the body slip.

"Hey, Willy~" I kicked open the door to the underground restaurant, almost breaking it because of how beaten up it already was.

Dust and sparks from the wires flew around the place. The two charging stations on the wall gave off a faint blue glow.

"Willy?" I called out again, carelessly dropping the body on the floor. It gave off a gross squelching noise as I continued to look around for him. He wasn't in his charging station so...how could he move? Did he attach the legs himself?

"Well, well, look who finally turned up."

A raspy male voice called out from the darkness. I turned to the direction of the voice and noticed that he was on the broken down stage, his silhouette was easily recognizable even in the dark.

Where'd he even get the legs..?

Ah shit... was it that endo skeleton I left in here?

"You certainly sound disappointed that I can stand now."

Oh right..he can read minds..

William's back was turned to me as he seemed to be working on something with his arm. He grunted as sparks flew here and there.

"Yeahhh...look, I'm sorry I didn't get you the new limbs sooner. But look what I brought you!" I cheerily pointed at the mangled body. He finally faced me and limped in my direction. The bottom part of his mask was torn off, showing the mouth of the rotten corpse underneath.

The rest of the mascot wasn't doing too good either. Bits of the suit was worn off and decayed and mummified flesh stuck to the endoskeleton. One of his rabbit ears was almost completely gone.

William's purple eyes shone in a sinister manner as he stared me down.

"And what do you propose I do with...that.."

The tone of his voice told me that he wasn't too happy. I just shrugged and played around with the knife.

"Iunno..do what you always do with them.."

"I can't harvest the remnant in this state! And what even is this body?! It's too old for me to use!!"

William grabbed the body and threw it against the wall. With just sheer strength from the endoskeleton arms, he was able to throw it hard enough that it went splat and flattened on the wall. He angrily turned to face me again.

"What have you been doing?! I gave you time and this is how you repay my patience?!"