🥕

Air quickly went in and out of my lungs in an abnormal pattern, so much so that my breathing was accompanied by raspy sobs.

I was crying again.

Could you blame me though?

I had just watched the person who I thought I loved brutally murder someone in front of me.

My sobs grew louder and louder as I covered my eyes, not wanting to stare at the two dead bodies.

And Vanessa.

I noticed that her grin disappeared once I started crying and she quickly came to my side and hugged me, trying her best to comfort me.

The blood on her hands smudged and mixed on the tears on my face.

"Aww Shh, Shh, Shh. There there now, Carrots, its okay! You're okay! You're safe.." Vanessa comforted in that sickly sweet tone of hers. I shouted angrily and pushed her off.

"No I'm fucking not! None of this is okay! You're sick! You're fucking sick, Vanessa!! I--"

I choked on my sobs and continued breaking down, simultaneously growling and screaming at Vanessa to keep her distance from me.

My legs still haven't recovered from the shock and I just shook there, tears over flowing down my face. I heard Vanessa sigh and that made me turn to her.

She had stood up and was also slowly approaching in my direction again.

"Oh, love I'm so sorry for scaring you so much. But it had to be done. Honestly, would you rather they have had their way with you?" She clicked her tongue and smiled. I backed away with every step she took towards me.

"Look at you, crying and shaking like a poor little thing." She chuckled a little," So cute~"

"Just get the fuck away from me!! You're a monster!" I yelled, backing away even more. She had put down the knife earlier but her other hand was still behind her back. That set off the alarms in my head and I found the strength to stand up and try to run.

But as I somewhat expected, I didn't get far when I found myself inhaling strong chemicals from a cloth.

"Now where do you think you're going?" Vanessa whispered in my ear as she had her arm tightly around me, the other pressing the cloth into my nose and mouth. The bitter taste and smell of the concentrated chloroform stung my nose and I soon found myself slowly slipping in and out of unconsciousness. The more I struggled againts her grip, the more the black spots appeared.

"Shhh it's okay, love. Just let it do its thing. That's right...rest your eyes."

Vanessa said with a loving tone, which made the whole scene unnerving.

It didn't take long for me to go limp and pass out from the chemicals and from how tired I was.

_____________________

The main melody of the show played in my head. Or am I hearing it from an outside source? It sounds like someone humming.

Ugh...my head hurts. I breathed in as much as I could, trying to wake myself up. I heard a muffled voice was speaking to me. I couldn't hear her well, but I know damn well who that voice belonged to.

"....waking up, my love?"

The room was a blur but I recognised Vanessa's silhouette. She was standing in front of me and I could make out a big smile on her face.

"Ness...?" I muttered as I forced myself to wake up more. My head pounded with pain and my heart beat faster once I realized I couldn't move.

I frantically struggled and breathed with a fast rhythm, hyperventilating.