🐰

The elevator shook and rattled as I descended down to the lower levels of the Pizzaplex.

Down to William.

I was holding on to the two bodies, their blood basically flooding the room at this point. One was on my shoulder, while the other I was holding on to with my arm wrapped around their stomach.

I should really start working put more. But to be fair, two bodies of grown ass men is a bit much for me to carry. Either way I had to do it.

Anything to keep my Carrots safe.

I giggled a little. The scared and adorable look on her face flashed in my head for a second before I finally reached my destination.

The elevator doors opened with a loud creak, the years of wear and tear and rust taking its toll on the metal.

Some security bots that I modified were rolling about with their flashlights, patrolling the area near the entrance of the old Pizzaria. They let me pass without any trouble and I let out a sigh, dreading another interaction with William.

Hopefully he isn't grumpy today. But even that's asking for much.

That old bastard's angry everyday.

I kicked the doors open and looked around a bit, checking to see if William was anywhere. Turns out he was resting in his charging station.

Great, I'll have to risk him yelling at me when I wake him up.

I didn't have to talk though, as the loud thud the bodies made when they hit the floor was enough to startle him. I could hear him growl as he pushed opened his charging station.

Steam and smoke came out, blocking my view of him, but his glowing purple eyes made me know that he was very much still there. And very much pissed.

"Vanny..."

His voice rasped out as he slowly approached me with each metallic stomp that came my way.

William towered over me and stared at me expectantly.

"What is the meaning of this?" He growled and eyed the dead bodies I presented to him.

"N-now before you get mad. I know you said you wanted the kid, but hey! These two are still qualified, right? They're quite young, and they definitely have fresh remnant. And their bodies are intact this time." I forced a happy tone, trying my best to convince him to atleast take the two.

He didn't seem happy about it though and responded with another growl.

"I-I'll get you the kid once I find him!" I added quickly, then realized my slip up.

Oh shit.

"I'm sorry, 'find the kid'?" William repeated, his voice going deep.

"Are you suggesting perhaps...that you lost him?!" He barked. I flinched backwards and almost tripped over myself.

I then felt the fabric of my suit getting pulled in one direction. William had grabbed hold of the collar of my suit and forced me to look at him

"You have done nothing but disappointing me today, Vanny!! If I wasn't so generous, I would have taken your other eye!" He yelled in anger.

"How could you fail such a simple task?! You are being bested by a child!!"

I gripped his forearm while I tried to plead.

"I-I know! I know that! It's just..he escaped..and..and-"

"Because you were incompetent!! Had you been more careful, I wouldn't have to be wasting my time scolding you like this!" His voice grew hoarse with all his shouting. It was like the unpleasant sound of nails on a chalk board.