Nothing much changed through Freshmen year, and now it was time for Sophomore year. Sweet Sixteens will be held and more of Lauren's parties will be thrown.

"How was y'all summer break?" Victoria asked realizing she's a senior now.

"I won another tournament if that counts." Normani stretched.

"Oh congrats girl." Victoria giggled.

"Thank you. Oh my god, your boyfriend is not here anymore!" Normani just realized.

"I know, he's in college now." Victoria smiled.

"You'll be leaving me this year, no fair." Normani pouted.

"It'll be okay hun, you'll be captain next and you'll be in my shoes." Victoria helped Normani stretch.

"I don't know if I'm ready." Normani muttered.

"Well get ready." Solána patted head with her clipboard.

"Ow, Solána." Normani covered her head.

"Keep is as SZA." Solána stood up and checked on the other girls.

"We're going to need a new manager as well." Normani pouted.

"You'll take care of it." Victoria stood up and so does Normani.

After practice, everyone went out for a second lunch. Everyone on the cheer squad at least.

"You're a sophomore, which mean you'll be having your sweet sixteen." Victoria wiggled her eyebrows.

"What's so cool about turning 16? It's the same as turning 17." Normani rolled her eyes.

"Except when you turn 16 you'll be able to drive." Solána pointed out and Normani eyes widened.

"Oh!" Normani smiled as she put that in her reminders.

"I know right." Victoria bounced her leg over her other.

As they continued to eat, Solána phone begin to ring causing her to leave.

"I didn't expect you and Dinah to still be going strong." Victoria nudged Normani with her foot.

"Yep." Normani popped another fry in her mouth.

"It's a bummer." One of the other cheerleaders spoke up, Simone scoffed.

"Hm." Normani hummed as she looked at her phone.

"I wanted Dinah first." Simone also popped a fry in her mouth.

"Too bad." Dinah spoke up catching everyone attention as she kiss Normani on her temple.

"Why are you here?" Normani furrowed her eyebrows.

"Great question, why are you here?" Normani blinked.

"It's been almost a year since we started dating and my grandma wanna meet you." Dinah leaned against the table.

"Grandma?" Normani rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I gotta take care of her while my mom roam the world doing who knows what." Dinah shrugged.

"Oh okay." Normani pulled out a few bucks to pay for her meal and Dinah stops leaning on the table.

"Come along then." Dinah begins to walk out the restaurant.

"Don't rush me." Normani rolled her eyes as she collected her stuff.

"You're taking to lo- uff." Dinah catching Normani bag that Normani threw at her out of irritation.

"Thanks for carrying my stuff." Normani gave her an innocent smile and Dinah gave her a fake one back.

"I should beat yo ass but I'll refrain." Dinah told her only loud enough for Normani to hear.

"Bet." Normani challenged and they walked to the bus stop.

Getting on the bus, they sat next to each other and of course annoyed each other.

"Let go of my ear." Dinah tried to pry Normani's hand off but it wasn't working.

"Apologize." Normani huffed.

"Why, you know I'm right- ow Mani." Dinah groaned as Normani pulled harder.

"I'm waiting." Normani rose her eyebrow.

"Our stop is next, come on." Dinah pleaded.

"Fine." Normani let go causing Dinah to let out a sigh of relief while Normani pulled the cord for the bus to stop.

"Jesus, I know my ear is red now." Dinah rubbing her ear and Normani stood up.

"Come on now." Normani ushered for Dinah to get up.

"Right right." Dinah does indeed get up after the bus comes to a halt and they get off.

As they walked, Dinah gave Normani a few heads up and Normani barely listened as she watched the birds fly away from where they were going.

"A storm?" Normani looked around to see no clouds.

"What?" Dinah stopped walking and put her hands on her hips.

"Check the weather." Normani basically demanded.

"Uh okay, were you even listening to what I was saying?" Dinah shook her head as she did check the weather app.

"Not at all." Normani truthfully told her causing Dinah to let out a dramatic sigh.

"There's going to be a thunderstorm yeah..." Dinah trailed off and Normani also let out a dramatic sigh.

"Oh great." Normani continued walking remembering how to get to Dinah's house.

"Just tell your mom that you're staying over." Dinah stuffed her hands in her pocket.

"Oh you want me to stay over?" Normani poked Dinah's side with a smirk.

"Don't twist it." Dinah blushed and Normani kept her smirk.

Once arriving at the address, they make their way into the house and Dinah took Normani stuff to her room.

"Where's your grandma?" Normani asked and Dinah reappeared again.

"She's in the basement." Dinah grabbed Normani's hand and ushered her down the stairs of the basement.

They see the old woman playing Candy Crush on her phone with the TV playing Family Feud.

"Hey darling." Her grandmother greeted Dinah, thinking Dinah was only there.

"Hey Grams, this is my girlfriend you wanted to meet." Dinah introduced causing her grandmother to jump up.

"Oh! Hello sweetie." She excitedly says with a bright smile.

"Hello miss." Normani smiled back and Dinah looked at Normani with a grin.

"Sorry if this isn't much." She chuckled.

"I don't mind, it's homey." Normani looked around noticing how clean it was.

Especially for a basement.

"So Dinah, what are you ordering today?" She wondered.

"Ordering?" Normani furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"She cannot cook to save her life." She shook her head and Dinah blushed.

"Grandma..." Dinah trailed off in embarrassment.

"I'll cook if y'all want me to." Normani squeezed Dinah's hand.

"Y'all? You must be from the south." She noted.

"Born in Georgia raised in Texas." Normani revealed.

"Well if you can cook then go for it. I haven't had a good home cook meal in years. And maybe Dinah will end up marrying you since she needs someone to cook for her." She kept her bright smile and would laugh at her jokes.

"Oh dear." Normani muttered.

"Oh God..." Dinah also muttered and pulled Normani out of the basement.