The year went by fast and junior year quickly approached. As soon as school reopened, Ryan and Normani ran to each other.

"Bitch I missed you so much." Ryan lifted the girl up.

"I missed you too!" Normani giggled.

"Hey hey." Yara greeted the two and they looked at each other before tackling the girl in a hug.

"I'm literally your neighbor Ryan." Yara pulled the girls off of her.

"But you had a summer job so I didn't get to see you." Ryan fake pouted.

"Boo." Dinah picks up Normani causing her to yelp.

"Dinah!" Normani scolded as she holds her heart.

"Sorry sorry." Dinah kissed Normani deeply after setting her down and Normani giggles into the kiss.

"Okay love birds." Ryan cleared her throat and they stopped.

Just then, the bell rings and they make their way to their first class which Dinah and Normani had together for the first time.

"See you next period Ryan." Normani waved and Ryan waved back before disappearing to her next class with Yara.

The day went by like a blur and when Normani entered the gym, confetti cannons went off causing her to nearly die from a heart attack.

"Welcome back captain!" The girls cheered and Normani just held her hand on her beating heart.

"Don't disappoint us." Solána held fire in her eyes and Normani huffed.

"Y'all aren't gonna have a captain after giving her a heart attack." Normani scolded and they just laugh.

Meanwhile...

"So...Lizzo graduated." One of the band members told the group who were warming up their instruments.

"Yep." The rest replied."

"So who wanna be captain?" He asked.

"Let's make Dinah the captain." Another member suggested.

"What- no!" Dinah objected.

"Yay!" The rest of the group cheered.

"Dinah you're the captain." He shrugs.

"Oh for fuck sake." Dinah sighed.

"Sorry not sorry bro." He patted Dinah's shoulder.

"Fuck off." Dinah swatted his hand away.

And again...

"Keith!" The coach yelled.

"Yessir!" Keith yelled back.

"You're going to be captain of the football team, since you're a senior." The coach held out his hand.

"Oh my goodness, thank you sir!" Keith shook his hand.

"Yes yes, don't disappoint me." He pats Keith's shoulder before walking off.

"I won't!" Keith smiles brightly.

"Congrats man." The assistant manager tells him.

"Thanks." He replied to her and she nods before going back to setting up the cups.

Practice was over and everyone met up in the parking lot.

"I'm captain of the band." Dinah sighed after her and Normani pulled away from the hug.

"Why are you sad?" Ryan furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, laying her head on Keith's chest.

"They forced me." Dinah frowned causing Normani to giggle.

"So you aren't a nerd." Keith snickers.

"Shut up Keith, and it's not funny Manz." Dinah pouted.

"Sorry baby, I'll make sure we dance together during homecoming games or something." Normani twirled herself with Dinah's hand.

"Ooh like last year?" Dinah perked up.

"What about me?" Ryan rolled her eyes playfully.

"Hmmm, maybe next year. You're not a captain so you're not cool enough." Normani joked and Dinah, her and Ryan starts laughing.

"Hey!" Ryan continues to laugh.

"There's a party on Friday I heard, we should definitely go." Normani continued to do random movements and they all nod.

"Fasho." Keith agreed.

"Alright, well I'm going home so...Goodbye and goodnight." Normani push off of Dinah before pulling her away.

"Bye!" Ryan waved and Keith wave once, almost like a salute.

"I have a study group to get to, so I can't take you home today." Keith sighed.

"That's okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." Ryan smiled brightly.

"Yeah." Keith pulled away from the hug and Ryan connected their lips briefly before letting him leave.

She sighed and pulled out her phone.

"Need a ride?" Yara asked as she stopped her skateboard, with her hands in her pockets.

"Wow, aren't you so cool." Ryan giggles.

"Ha-ha. Here." Yara chucked her car keys up and Ryan caught them.

"You have a car?" Ryan eyes widened.

"Yes because of my job. I'm going to teach you how to drive." Yara begin to ride her skateboard to her car.

"Oh...Are you sure?" Ryan bit her lip nervously.

"Positive, now let's go." Yara opened the door for Ryan and Ryan got into the driver side.

Yara put her skateboard into her trunk then got into the car herself. She looks at Ryan who looks like she's about to shit herself.

"Okay, maybe another day. Get out." Yara gets out and Ryan just climbs over the middle part.

Yara gets in again and starts her car. She drove them safely and peacefully to their houses.

"Are you going to the party this friday?" Ryan wondered as she gets out the car.

"Can't, got work." Yara locks her car with the keys after getting out as well.

"Where do you work?" Ryan tilted her head.

"Ice cream shop." Yara vaguely answered.

"Oh, okay." Ryan crossed her arms but luckily, she had an idea where Yara was talking about.

"Goodnight Ryan." Yara twirled her keys and walked to her house.

"Goodnight Yara. Rude." Ryan grumbled as she does the same.

Entering her house, she looks at her phone to see a message from Normani.

"Hey sweetheart." Ryan's mom greeted her.

"Hey mom." Ryan smiled up at the woman.

"How was school?" She asked?

"Boring, but I got to see my friends so that's a plus." Ryan set her bookbag down.

"Of course of course, dinner's ready." Her mother pointed and Ryan already knew since she could smell the food from outside.

"Okay thank you mom." Ryan kissed her mother's cheek before making her way to the kitchen to grab her food.

Grabbing her food, she texted Normani back and went upstairs to her room. Setting the food down and stripping out of her school's clothes. She put on her pajamas and sighed into the comfort of her bed and to the plate of food in her hand.