Prologue

Prologue
Harry and Louis were best friends. They always have been since they can remember. Anne and Jay have been friends before the boys were even thought off. Louis is a year older then Harry but that has never changed anything. The two boys went to the same nursery school and now in the same middle school, just a grade difference. The boys would always take turns going to each others houses after school, to do homework and play video games. Sometimes it would end in a sleep over.
"Harry! That's cheating!" Louis whined as Harry pressed the reset button on the playstation.
"Is not!" Harry said with a cheeky smile and sat back down next to Louis.
"Just because I am better at this then you are!" Louis said pouting and crossing his arms over his chest, trying to look sad. Unfortunately it didn't work on Harry, seeing Harry stuck his tongue out at Louis and pressed start once again on the race car game.
The two boys were playing happily, trying to distract each other from winning by pushing each other just because they could. Harry crashed numerous times into the wall, while Louis' car went over the edge of a bridge.
While the two boys played happily, Anne and Jay stood outside watching them with fond smiles.
"I don't know how to tell Harry." Anne whispered to Jay as they walked into the kitchen.
"You are going to have to tell him sometime Anne, the school holiday is almost over." Jay said and Anne sighed, slumping onto the counter, resting her forehead on her arms.
"He is going to be heartbroken." Anne whispered and looked up at Jay for advice. You see Anne and Robin have decided to send Harry to a private school to get a better education. Which meant the two boys were going to be separated into two different schools.
"He will understand Anne. Besides, its not like they are going to be on the other side of the world. Its just the other side of town." Jay said but the two mothers both knew that the two boys would eventually settle into their own lives without one another.
"Mum!" Anne and Jay both looked to the door to see the two boys standing there with smiles. Anne felt her heart sink seeing how happy her son was with his best friend and she felt almost guilty that she will be separating the pair of them.
"Can Harry stay over?" Louis asked with a pout and wide eyes and Anne sighed.
"Not tonight Lou, Harry and I need to have chat. But I promise you boys can stay over tomorrow night." Anne said and they both gleamed with happiness. Anne finally stood up and hugged Jay tightly before walking to the door and grabbing Harry's school bag before they both walked out to the car.
When the pair got home, Harry ran up the stairs to his room but only to come back down with a very confused look on his face.
"Mum, why is there a funny uniform on my bed?" Harry asked Anne making her sigh and feel her heart sink even more.
"Come here honey, its time you and I have a little talk." She said as they both walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa. He wasn't stupid, he knew something was happening and it worried him terribly.
"Harry, Robin and I have decided it would be better for you to go to a private school." Anne said in one breath as she studied her sons face.
"Um why?" He asked and she sighed.
"Because we want you to have a proper education sweety and this school will help you achieve this." She explained softly and he nodded.
"As long as I see Louis its fine." He said smiling and Anne smiled slightly.
"Harry you won't be able to see Louis at school..." She said looking down.
"What?!" Harry cried out, standing up from the couch. Anne feared the worse and looked at her son with a pleading look.
"Harry, Louis won't be going to your school. He is going to stay at his normal school." She said softly. She watched as tears built up in her sons eyes and his bottom lip wobbled ever so slightly.
"But mum..." Harry whimpered before hugging his mother tightly. He was crying now, tears soaking Anne's shirt but she didn't mind. She just held him in her lap and let him cry.
"He is my best friend! What am I supposed to do without him?" Harry hiccuped looking up at his mum with teary eyes.
"Everything will be okay Harry. You can stand up for yourself. You don't need Louis there all the time." She said and he smiled slightly, not convinced.
"Come on, you get to stay at his house tomorrow before Monday." She said and Harry smiled, his eyes brightening up at the mention of being at his best friends house all day tomorrow.
So the next day, Anne dropped Harry off at Jay's house. She smiled as Harry and Louis hugged tightly before running upstairs to take Harry's sleeping bag up with his clothes.
"Did you tell him?" Jay asked and Anne nodded.
"How did he take it?" Jay asked again and Anne looked down.
"He was heartbroken. But I think he understood." Anne said and Jay smiled. So Anne left, going home to get all of Harry's things ready for his first day at a new school.

Meanwhile, Harry and Louis were in the backyard, lying on the grass after kicking the soccer ball around. Louis knew about Harry leaving school for a new one, as Jay explained it to him last night and he was upset.
"Do you think we will still be friends when you leave?" Louis finally asked, turning his head to face Harry. Harry sighed and looked up at the sky.
"I hope so. I don't want to lose you as my best friend Lou." He said finally looking towards Louis. Louis smiled and sat up. He held out his pinkie finger and laughed.
"Promise we will be friends for life." Louis whispered as Harry looked at his pinkie. Harry finally grinned and linked his own pinkie with Louis' and they laughed before wrestling around on the grass.
"Boys! Time for Dinner!" Jay called. Harry and Louis never realized how late it was, until they noticed the sky changing colour and the sun was disappearing. The two boys raced inside and sat down at the table, digging into the pizza that Jay ordered for them. They had their whole evening planned. Movies, popcorn, a fort and staying awake all night. Of course that didn't happen and by the 3rd movie, the two boys were fast asleep in their fort, cuddling together. And if Jay took a picture of the two, they didn't need to know that.

The next morning, the two boys woke up in their fort. They could smell bacon and eggs and they both rushed to the kitchen to find Jay making breakfast.
"Your mum will be here soon Harry. She said you have to get ready for tomorrow." Jay said and she could see the sadness in his eyes but he hid it with a small smile. After breakfast, the two boys went outside to play some soccer before Anne arrived. When she did arrive, the two mothers stood by the door with smiles as they watched the boys play. It might seem silly at how emotional it is, but these boys have been best friends for ages and now that they were both going to different schools, its a big change. They would have to make new friends and all sorts. Not so much Louis then Harry but the two were inseparable and that was what worried the mothers.