Chapter 9

The next morning, I woke up with a groan and a throbbing headache. I barely slept a wink last night. Harry has been crowding my mind all night and I don't understand why! Maybe it was because he took a giant step last night with getting rid of all the stuff. I don't know what it was. Or it could of been the fact that he called me beautiful. It should sound very weird to me, being straight and all but after that, I am definitely doubting my sexuality.
"Louis! Hurry up! You are going to be late!" Mum shouted and I sighed, dragging myself out of bed and getting in the shower. Once I was showered, I brushed my teeth and did my hair before heading to my room to find clothes. I entered my room and nearly screamed my lungs out seeing Harry sitting there.
"What the... How did you get in here?" I asked and he chuckled.
"Through the front door, like normal people." He said and I glared at him playfully, going to my cupboard and grabbing clothes. I could feel him staring at me and it made me feel self conscious. I walked out to the bathroom again and quickly got changed, just to stop the tension. I walked down stairs to see Harry sitting at the kitchen table talking to my mum and I smiled. I grabbed a apple and my keys before getting my bag from the closet and sighed.
"Right, well it was nice to catch up but we are going to be late for school! And I still have to pick Niall and Zayn up." I said and Harry turned to face me.
"Have fun at school!" Mum called as we walked out the door.
"So you have decided me driving is easier then walking?" I asked as we climbed in.
"I never said that. Besides, I had to walk here anyways. Nothing changes." He said and I chuckled, pulling out the driveway and driving to Niall's house. Zayn and Niall were sitting there waiting for me. They smiled at waved before climbing in.
"Howzit Lou, Harry?" Zayn asked and I smiled. I am glad they are slowly getting along with Harry.
"Good." Harry replied slowly. I know it was all still new to him but he seemed okay with it. I stopped in the parking lot of the school and we all got out. Next thing I knew I was pinned to my car and I was staring wide eyed at Eleanor.
"I want you back." She said and I frowned.
"Uh, how about no?" I asked pushing her away gently.
"Louis. We have to get back together. We are the most popular couple around and if anyone finds out we are broken up, I am finished." She whined and I rolled my eyes.
"Then you should of thought about that before making me choose between you or Harry because I am sorry sweetheart, but I would choose Harry any day over you." I said before walking back over to the other 3.
"You can't do this!" Eleanor screamed but I just kept walking.
"Listen guys, I got to go hand in the announcements! I will see you all in class?" I asked and they nodded but Harry kept his head down.
"You want to come Harry?" I asked and he snapped his head up to look at me.
"Yeah, show him around the school a bit!" Zayn said rolling his eyes before patting Harry's shoulder.
"See you boys later." He said before Niall and him walked off to class.
"Are you going to get back with her?" Harry asked softly, keeping his head down and I frowned.
"No. I am just not feeling it anymore." I said and it was true. Yeah because you might have a crush on the boy walking next to you... But no-one needs to know that.
"Well that's going upset the apple cart." Harry said, looking at me again and I frowned.
"How so?" I asked.
"Well when the word gets out that the most popular boy in school is now single. Every girl is going to be throwing themselves at you. How are you going to say no to that?" He asked with a small smile and I shrugged. Maybe because none of them are you? I shook my thoughts out and walked into the office.
"Uh Louis! Everything sorted out at home?" The lady behind the reception desk asked and I smiled, nodding. I saw her look at Harry and her smile dropped into a frown.
"Can I help you?" She asked Harry in a rather rude tone and I frowned.
"Actually he is with me. I just came to hand in the announcements." I said with a slight annoyed tone and she looked at me shocked.
"You and him? Friends?" She asked and I smiled wrapping my arm around his shoulder.
"Best friends. Come Haz." I said pulling him out the office, leaving her with her mouth wide open.
"You didn't have to do that..." Harry said and I smiled.
"Of course I did. Its my job remember!" I said poking his side and he squirmed away.
"Ticklish I see..." I said with a smirk and his eyes widened.
"Don't even think about it!" He said holding his hands in front of him as I walked towards him, he backed away until his back was pressed against the wall. Next thing he ducked and ran down the hallway and I laughed.
"Okay okay I won't tickle you! But I will one day when you less expect it." I said with a wink and he chuckled shaking his head. The bell rang, signalling home room was about to start so we took off running and made it to the classroom, just before the teacher got there. Harry moved to his seat in the corner and I frowned seeing a new boy sitting my seat. Zayn and Niall shrugged so I went and sat next to Harry.
"What are you doing here?" Harry asked and I smiled.
"Can't I sit next to you?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows at me and looked at me with a 'are you serious look?'.
"Some new guy is in my seat." I grumbled and he chuckled.
"Class, lets all give a nice welcome to our new student. He is rather shy I see." The teacher said looking at the boy that had sat in my seat. He had short brown hair and was rather muscular.
"Why don't you stand up and tell the class who you are." The teacher said softly.
"Thank goodness you never made me do that..." Harry said and I smiled.
"You were rather intimidating then." I said and he playfully glared at me. We both turned our attention back to the boy as he slowly stood up. I saw Harry freeze as the boy looked up and looked around. I turned to see Harry sitting there, staring at the boy with wide eyes.
"I'm Liam. Liam Payne. Just transferred from a private school. There is nothing else to tell you all." He said before sitting down.
"You okay?" I asked Harry and he nodded slowly.
"Who is he?" I asked. I knew Harry knew this boy and I wanted to know.
"Harry..." I said and he sighed, looking down at his table.
"He is my ex." He whispered and I frowned.
"He is the reason for my addiction..." Harry said and I sighed.
"Leave him alone okay. You have me, Niall and Zayn. Nothing can go wrong." I said but I spoke to soon. As soon as the bell rang and we all headed out. Niall and Zayn were chatting happily to Liam and were like instant friends.
"Looks like its just you and I..." I said before dragging Harry to our first class of the day.

When lunch came around, Harry and I decided to go out to the soccer field, instead of sitting the cafeteria. Only reason, its to stay away from Liam as much as possible. I grabbed a ball from the locker room and kicked it to Harry.
"We gonna play soccer?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.
"No, we are going to take turns to make out with the ball and decide who is better... Of course!" I shouted jokingly and he smiled slightly. For some reason, I began to wonder it would feel like to kiss him. I don't know but it just popped into my head. We kicked the ball around for a bit. Not like trying to get goals and stuff, but just kicking it to each other.
"Why do you think Liam came here?" I asked and Harry frowned as he kicked the ball to me.
"Probably to get back at me..." He said stopping the ball after I kicked slightly to the side.
"Why would he want to do that?" I asked and he sighed.
"I ended up breaking things off with him. When my addiction got really bad, all I wanted was the drug and nothing else. I remember him telling me that he would get me back for the money I took from him." Harry said picking the ball up and looking at me.
"How much do you owe him?" I asked and Harry shrugged.
"It was years ago..." He said and I nodded as we made our way to the stands.
"I find this weird..." He said and I frowned.
"What?" I asked as he turned his gaze to me.
"Well its like we are still kids, like nothing changed between us." Harry said before biting into his snake bite and I just wanted to run my tongue along it... What am I saying.
"Nothing has really. It was weird at first but now we are just like we used to be." I said and he smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and hugging me.
"Thank you Lou." He said and I grinned.
"No, thank you Harry." I said and he rolled his eyes.
"Always had to have the last word hey?" He asked and I grinned.
"Always! You know you will never win." I said and pushed him slightly.
"I guess I would let you win anyways." Harry said and I laughed. The bell rang soon after and we headed our way back to the school and into our class...