Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Its been a week since the encounter with Harry and we haven't spoken since. I just didn't want to go out my way to talk to him. I mean I went back to my life before he moved to our school. Nothing wrong with that? Mum and Anne are always together though. Its either they are at my house or his house and I didn't mind at all as long as Harry wasn't around. The only problem is, I can't stop thinking about him. I wanted to be closer to him, to hear his story, to help him. Everyday I see him walk to school, keeping his head down. He never says a word to anyone. He sits alone at lunch, sometimes he is nowhere to be seen and I have a hunch where he goes to.
"Louis!" My mum called and I groaned. It was Saturday and I just wanted to sleep but for some reason my mother was calling me at sparrows fart.
"What?!" I shouted back, covering my eyes with my arm.
"I'm going to Anne and Robin's house! Want to come?" She asked as she opened the door.
"Does it look like I want to come?" I mumbled and she laughed.
"You can't stay in bed all day Louis!" She said and I smiled.
"Watch me! Come on mum, I just want a lazy day. I have been busy all week." I whined and she sighed.
"Fine. I will leave you some money. Order a take out or something!" She said before closing my bedroom door. I sighed, enjoying the peace and quiet. I tried to go back to sleep but I was just to awake to fall asleep. I groaned and sat up, grabbing my laptop from the side and switching it on. I logged onto Facebook and scrolled through all the updates. I liked a few statuses and commented on some stupid things Niall or Zayn put. I wrote on Eleanor's wall as a reply to her wall post. I logged off and went to my music folder and clicked shuffle. One of my favourite songs came on and I smiled, placing my laptop to the side again and got up to get a pair of sweat pants and a loose tank top. I went to the bathroom and showered, singing away to the music that was playing. When I was done, I walked back to my bed and sighed, running the towel through my hair to dry it off. There was a funny tapping on my window and I frowned. Its probably a bird. But the tapping continued and I walked over to the window and opened it, looking from left to right until I looked down seeing a curly head boys standing there, leaning against the fence.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"To talk." He said and I sighed.
"Just come to the front door like a normal person." I said and shut the window before making my way down the stairs. I took a deep breath before opening the front door to reveal the curly haired boy that seemed to hate me. I stepped out the way and let him walk in before I walked into the kitchen and grabbing a glass of orange juice, pouring some for Harry, even if he didn't want anything.
"Still drink the glass of orange juice every morning?" He asked and I chuckled.
"Always. Never go a day without it." I said and I watched as he sort of smiled. I saw some new bruises on his arms, that the tattoos couldn't hide.
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked sitting down at the breakfast bar, the opposite side of him.
"Why did you say sorry that day?" He asked and I sighed, shrugging.
"It felt right. I mean you thought I replaced you. We just had a fight and I said some pretty nasty things so yeah..." I said taking a sip of my juice. He was quiet for a while, just staring at the glass of juice in his hand. It was awkward. Like what could I say? There was nothing to say. I looked at him and frowned, seeing his hands shaking.
"Are you okay?" I asked slowly and he nodded.
"You're shaking quite badly..." I said and he sighed.
"Just having withdrawal..." He said looking up at me. His eyes were blood shot and dark.
"What?" I asked, wanting to know why.
"I haven't been able to do anything all day yesterday." He said looking down again and I frowned.
"Why?" I asked, watching his fists clench.
"I don't have money for it..." He said lowly and I sighed.
"How did you get in the first place?" I asked as he looked up at me.
"I had a savings account. Mum and Robin would always put something in it. But its stopped and I have spent it all and if I can't get the drug... I might as well be dead." He said and my eyes widened.
"Dead?" I asked shakily.
"Not having the drug... Will send me on a sort of... crazed run?" He said frowning at that.
"What are you feeling right now?" I asked, just above a whisper.
"Tired. Angry. Many things in one..." He said clenching his fists tighter. I didn't know what to do right now. Why come here?
"Harry I can't help you with this." I said.
"I never asked you to help!" He snapped, glaring at me with a harsh stare.
"I think it's time for you to leave." I said calmly. I watched as he slammed his fists against the counter, pushing the chair over and storming to the door. I waited to hear it open and slam shut but it never came. I slowly walked out the kitchen and saw Harry standing by the door, staring at a picture on the wall.
"I remember when that was taken." He said and I frowned, taking a closer look. It was a picture of Harry and I, with Anne my mum.
"Yeah, that was a pretty good day. I still remember what my mum said when we came back covered in mud. 'Boys what have you done?! Don't you dare go in the house looking like that!'" I mocked my mum's voice and I heard Harry chuckle.
"She almost made us strip before going into the house." I chuckled as he said that. It was true, thank goodness we had a hose pipe outside and we took turns spraying each other.
"That was a pretty good day." I said and I saw him nod from the corner of my eye.
"I guess I will see you around." Harry mumbled and went to open the door but I stopped him by putting my hand on his shoulder.
"You don't have to go..." I trailed off but he shook his head.
"I need to handle this addiction..." He said and I sighed.
"You don't have any money..." I said.
"Then I am just going to have to find a way won't I?" He asked and I looked down.
"How?" I asked.
"I will just steal it and or make a fucking deal! I don't know! Maybe I will get shot or stabbed and put me out of this misery." He snapped, making me flinch away from him.
"Listen, I don't mean to snap at you. Its just what it does to me..." He trailed off and I nodded.
"Let me help." I blurted out and I regretted my words as soon as I said them. I watched as he frowned at me in confusion and probably anger. I wasn't quite sure really.
"What?" He asked and I sighed, closing my eyes and thinking it over quickly. I didn't want him to get killed, but I didn't want to help him kill himself. But it was better then being shot!
"How much do you need?" I asked looking up at him and his eyes were wide.
"No Louis..." He said shaking his head.
"Harry I would rather have you alive then shot or stabbed. The drug will kill you but I don't want you to go just yet." I said and he sighed.
"Louis I know this is hard for you. But you have to understand that being shot or stabbed, would probably be less painful then overdose." He said sadly, looking down to the carpet beneath his feet.
"Harry I don't want you to die at all! Can't see it? We were friends all those years ago! I still care about you and I would probably break down crying if I knew my childhood best friend died because I couldn't stop it. I made a promise all those years and just because we haven't been friends, doesn't mean I want to break that promise by you fucking dying!" I shouted, feeling the tears building up.
"I care for you more then you will ever understand. I never forgot you. I just moved on because you moved on. Every day I would wake up and wonder what you would be doing during the day before having to drag myself out of bed to live my own life." I said looking down.
"Louis... I..." He began but I shook my head.
"Just forget about it. You obviously don't care!" I snapped turning away and ready to walk up the stairs when a hand gently grabbed my wrist and stopped me from walking away. I turned to see tears running down Harry's face and that just broke me even more.
"I do care..." He whispered, looking at me with those bright green eyes that were once my best friends eyes.
"Then prove to me you do." I said walking up the stairs, only to return with a envelope. He looked at me with sad eyes, as he stood there. I sighed and handed him the envelope.
"That should be enough for a little while... But that will be the last time I help you. As long as you can promise me that I will still see you tomorrow at school, walking around. And promise me that I will still see you walking around for the rest of the year." I said and I watched his facial expression as he stared down at the money in his hand.
"I can't take this." He said but I smiled.
"You can. Do what you want with it." I said and he sighed. I was waiting for him to leave but instead he hugged me tightly. Wrapping his arms firmly around my neck.
"I am going to get help... Just for you." He whispered before pulling away and walking to the door, leaving me confused but smiling.