Chapter 17

"Where are we going?" Niall asked but I ignored him as I came to a stop. We were next to a field and it looks a little different but I still remember it all to well.
"Why are we here?" I heard Zayn ask.
"They are going to kill us!! Then bury our bodies in the middle of the field, leaving us to rot!" Niall said but I heard another smack and I turned to see Niall rubbing his head and Zayn smiling happily. I looked at Harry and he smiled at me, remembering this place all to well. I stepped out the car opened the back door, gesturing for Niall and Zayn to get out. Niall did eventually, eyeing me carefully and that just made me roll my eyes. We all climbed the fence before making our way through the long grass. Years ago when Harry and I were younger, our parents used to come out here a lot for the family fun day thing they always planned. Robin helped us set a swing by the lake and that was were Harry and I used to spend our days. As we walked, I caught Harry smile before he began to run to a large tree in the distance. I smiled seeing the old robe swing still sitting there by the lake.
"What is this place?" Zayn asked as we carried on walking through the long grass to get there.
"We used to come here as kids. This was like our spot... Spent all day here, just hanging around and being the idiots we were..." I said and he nodded. I watched as Harry looked up at the swing, like he was examining it.
"Why did you bring us here?" Niall asked grumpily.
"Its a place where no wondering ears can hear what we are going to tell you." I said as we approached the large tree.
"Do you think its safe?" Harry asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement.
"No idea, test it and find out." I said as he looked up at it again.
"What if it snaps?" He asked and I chuckled.
"I will test it..." Zayn said and I chuckled.
"Be my guest." I said and he grinned before running up to it and jumping up. The swing held up really well and I laughed.
"Alright stop messing around and just tell me what the hell is going on." Niall snapped and Zayn got of the swing and sighed. We all sat down on the grass and I looked at Harry, being clueless on where to begin.
"Okay well I am just going to spit it out..." Harry trailed off, running his hand through his hair.
"When I left for that private school, Louis and I drifted apart. I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Basically became a drug addict." Harry said and they both nodded.
"What drugs?" Zayn asked and Harry sighed, scratching the back of his neck.
"You name it, I did it." He said and I watched both their eyes widen.
"But Heroin is my weakness... I am addicted to it now and its a lot harder to get over it then I thought..." He said clenching and un-clenching his fists.
"Relax Harry, don't think about it..." I whispered and he took a deep breath and nodded.
"So you are taking Heroin now?" Niall asked and Harry nodded slowly.
"Injecting?" Zayn asked and Harry sighed, showing his arm to Zayn and he nodded.
"Shouldn't you go to rehab?" Niall asked.
"No." Harry said sternly and coldly and I placed my hand on his forearm telling him to calm down.
"Well its quite obvious you can't handle not having it. How you going to stop if there is nothing to stop you from taking it?" Niall asked and I glared at him.
"Its Liam's fault he started again. He was doing fine for nearly a week and then Liam goes and makes this deal and now his closet is full of this illegal stuff." I snapped.
"Liam is on it too?" Zayn asked wide eyed and Harry sighed.
"Not heroin but coke and steroids." Harry muttered and now I stared at him wide eyed.
"No ways! That guy doesn't show any sign of it!" Niall exclaimed and Harry chuckled.
"Things aren't always what they seem..." Harry said.
"No kidding..." Niall looked at me.
"So wait, then how are you and Louis a thing now?" Niall asked.
"I'm gay. Always has been since I was like 14. I told Louis this and he never like ran away or told me I was disgusting..." Harry said and I smiled.
"But that never influenced my feelings for him because I just had this feeling before he told me and I guess it just gave me a slight bit of hope. Niall I told you that I like both genders but never told anyone because I know its weird. I did feel more for girls for a while until I began to get close to Harry again and then I started to doubt myself. I never dwelled on the fact I liked him more then a friend because I never had a problem with it." I said and he frowned.
"But why? I don't understand what you see in the bloke. Sorry Harry." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Niall there is no real explanation to why I love Harry! Its just happened!" I snapped but then realized what I said and saw Harry staring at me wide eyed.
"You love him?" Zayn asked and his bottom jaw was like hanging on the floor.
"But you have barely being dating!!!" Niall exclaimed and I sighed.
"I do though. I do love him..." I said looking at Harry and he was blushing madly, making me smile.
"For fuck sakes." Niall muttered and I sighed.
"Niall I know you don't like it. I know having a 'gay' friend is the most terrible thing to you but let me just set one thing straight. I don't care if you hate it. I don't care if you find it disgusting. I certainly don't care if you stand up and leave right now. I don't care if you never want to talk to me again because let me just say, there is nothing you can do to change me." I said taking Harry's hand in mine and smiled at him.
"Really?" He asked softly and I smiled nodding. He sat there for a while, staring at the ground and playing with the small blades of grass. Zayn looked at me and smiled as Harry rested his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around his waist, taking hold of his hand with my free hand. I was waiting for Niall to stand up and walk. Zayn was obviously okay with it because he sat there, looking up at the clear blue sky. Niall finally looked up and I saw a small smile.
"I guess I could get used to the idea." He said and my smile grew even bigger.
"Really?" I asked.
"Really!" He said and I jumped up, tackling him to the ground in a hug and he chuckled.
"But please just keep the PDA to a minimum..." He said and I chuckled.
"Can't promise that but will try." I said sitting back next to Harry and wrapping my arm around his neck and kissing him.
"Well seeing we are all here, flunking, might as well have some fun!" Zayn said breaking Harry and I apart. I chuckled as Niall jumped onto the rope swing and Zayn began to push him.
"I love you too." Harry whispered and I snapped my gaze to him.
"Really?" I asked and he smiled, nodding.
"Since the day I left." He said, placing his lips to mine again and I couldn't help but smile.
"Since the day you left? I thought you only found out you were gay at 14?" I asked breaking away but keeping my forehead against his.
"What? It took me two years to figure out that the feeling I had every time you came to mind was love." He whispered and I grinned before kissing him again, only to pull away hearing a scream and a splash. I looked over seeing the rope swing broke and Niall was in the stream, soaking wet. I burst out laughing as we stood up and I offered a hand to Niall to help him up but he ended up pulling me in with him. I burst out laughing as I surfaced. Next thing the other two joined us and that's how we spent most of our day, just enjoying what we had!