Chapter 10

After school, I made my way to the soccer field and changed into my horrible bright orange gym shorts. I put my cleats on and went to the field where I waited for everyone to come. As I set the drill cones out, I could hear the others coming. I looked around and saw Harry sitting on the stands and I smiled slightly. Next thing I was being tackled in a hug by Zayn and Niall and I groaned.
"Where were you during lunch today?! We were looking for the pair of you!" Niall said and I chuckled.
"We were just kicking a ball around. Wasn't really hungry." I lied. I didn't want to tell them it was because of Liam.
"Well you gotta meet Liam. He is a really cool lad!!" Niall said and I rolled my eyes.
"You think everyone is cool Niall." Zayn said smacking him on the back of the head. I looked up at Harry again and I smiled slightly.
"So I heard that the Elounor breakup is the biggest news around. Also I heard rumors of you being gay and is secretly dating Harry." Zayn said wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we walked away from the others.
"What? Harry and I? I don't think so... We are just best friends." I said and he rolled his eyes.
"Louis, I have seen the way you look at him. I also noticed you two holding hands yesterday at the Pizza place..." Zayn said and I smacked the back of his head.
"He is going through a lot right now Zayn. He needed the comfort." I snapped before blowing the whistle. Coach wasn't going to make it today so I was taking control.
"Alright, get started doing the drills! Move it!" I shouted and the team carried on doing what they had to do.
"Come on! Faster!! Niall get your legs up higher! Zayn stop messing! Tyran kick the ball!" I shouted. Soon the whole team, including myself was doing the track. We had to run around 5 times before we could do anything else. Everytime, I kept glancing up at Harry in the stands.
"Some one got a little thing for their friend?" I snapped my head to glare at Zayn and he snickered.
"Will you shut up?" I said and he laughed.
"Come on Lou. Admit it." He said and I frowned.
"What? That you're a asshole?" I asked and he glared at me.
"You can't deny it forever." He said and I shook my head running faster. He is right. I won't be able to deny it forever. I have sort of come to a conclusion about my sexuality. I have never really liked any boys apart from Harry. I think I could be bisexual or pansexual but I can't be exactly sure yet.

After soccer practice, I grabbed my stuff after showering and headed out the locker room, only to be pulled to the side by none other then Harry Styles.
"Hey!" I said and he smiled.
"Hi." He said.
"Okay why are we standing here?" I asked and he held his finger over his lips as he looked round the corner. I watched as Zayn and Niall walked out the locker room, with Liam?
"What was he doing there?" I asked in a whisper and Harry sighed.
"He came looking for me. He found me of course. Told me I had to pay the money back to him, or there will be consequences." Harry said and I nodded slowly.
"How much?" I asked dreading the answer to that.
"Don't worry about it Lou. Its my problem not yours." He said but I shook my head.
"No Harry, it will be my problem. I want to help you." I said and he sighed.
"10,000." He said and I nearly choked on my own spit.
"How the hell?" I asked and he sighed.
"It was only 200 at the beginning but apparently he added interest. A lot of interest." He said and I sighed.
"Come on, lets go home and we can work something out." I said and he sighed.
"Alright." He said and I smiled as we headed to the car park.

Once we pulled up to his house, we both got out and walked inside.
"Harry is that you?" I heard Anne call and we both headed into the kitchen.
"Louis! Good to see you again." Anne said coming over and kissing my cheek.
"You only saw me last night." I said and she smiled.
"Its nice to see Harry with a friend." She said. Harry grabbed my arm and dragged me upstairs, making Anne laugh. Once we were in Harry's room, I flopped onto his bed as he went over to the desk chair and sat there, drumming his fingers against the desk.
"Okay I don't know how I will get that money back Louis." He said and I sighed.
"We will make a plan... Maybe we can get a job!" I said and he sighed.
"Yeah good idea, but who the hell would want to employ me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.
"Anyone." I said.
"Louis people judge me by the way I look." He said but I shook my head.
"Some people actually see through the disguise Harry. I did, didn't I?" I asked and he nodded slowly.
"Exactly so there is nothing to worry about." I said and he sighed.
"But where am I going to get a job that pays enough for it?" He asked.
"I said we. We can both do it together. That double the wages. Maybe you can make a deal with him? Lets see what we can get and work our way from there." I said and he sighed.
"I can't ask you to work to help me pay the bill off..." Harry said but I shook my head and moved towards him.
"I want to help." I said as he looked down. It was getting dark outside by the time we finished researching places that would accept part time high school pupils.
"Come, lets go outside." Harry said suddenly but I didn't complain. We both walked down the stairs and to the backyard. The dustbin was still there from the previous night and I smiled remembering it. I sat down on the grass while Harry went to get paper and little bits of wood, to light the fire again. This time it will be the normal fire, not the horrible smelling stuff from last night. It was now dark and you could feel the warm weather disappearing quickly and the cold was setting in.
"You boys okay out there? Harry you can't keeping using that damn bin to burn stuff it!" Anne complained and I chuckled.
"Its ruined already mum! I will get a new one!" Harry said and she sighed.
"Why not just you the fire place in the corner?" She asked and I frowned, not remembering them ever having a fire place.
"We will use that next time." Harry said. I turned and saw Anne smiling a bit before heading back into the house, closing the sliding door behind her.
"What fireplace?" I asked and he sighed.
"Robin got one made a few years ago for some family thing and its never been used since." He said and I nodded, wrapping my arms around my knees. We spent most of the night out there, laughing and joking around. Reminiscing about the good old days as Harry would call it.
"Remember the time we camped out here, and tried counting every star in the sky but failed miserably. Then as we were about to sleep it started to rain and our home made tent leaked." I said and Harry laughed.
"It didn't leak, it collapsed!" He said and I laughed. By the time we finished laughing, we were just lying around on the grass.
"Harry, Louis, we got you Chinese!" Anne called and we both stood up and went to get our food. We stood around the small fire and ate quietly, throwing noodles at each other. Once we were finished, we placed the cardboard cartons in the bin to let them burn as well. I kept my hands above the flame to warm them up.
"It is definitely getting colder." Harry said and I nodded, turning around and smiling seeing Harry handing me a blanket from the porch. I wrapped it around my shoulders as Harry did the same and we both sat back down on the grass. I could see Harry's face glowing the light of the fire and I smiled. Okay so maybe I was stealing glaces at him, just trying to keep this picture in my mind forever.
"Okay what are you looking at?" He asked and I smiled slightly.
"Nothing, just I haven't actually see you this happy since we have recently been friends." I said and he smiled slightly. I sighed and moved closer to him so I could rest my head against his shoulder. I just stared at the flames as I felt Harry wrap his arm around my back. He brought his blanket up and pulled it over my shoulders, so we were under the same blanket. Just like old times. I snuggled in closer to him, trying to get as much heat as possible. I felt him place his lips to my temple and I shivered feeling his snake bites cold against my skin. I pulled away slightly and looked up at him. His eyes were a bright green and were staring into mine. Our faces only inches away and I could feel my heart beat quicken and my breath hitch in my throat.
"I really want to kiss you right now..." Harry whispered and my heart nearly stopped.
"Then do it..." I whispered back, never breaking eye contact with him him.
"You sure?" He asked leaning in closer.
"I will find it a insult if you don't." I said and before I could say anything else, he pressed his lips to mine. Now I would like to say none of those cliche things about fireworks and bombs but what I felt, it was like nothing I could explain. It was like I was missing something my whole life and all of a sudden, it was there. I dropped the blanket around my shoulders and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, running my fingers through his curls. I ran my tongue against his bottom lip, shivering at the feeling of his snake bites. He pulled me onto his lap, so our chests were flushed together as we deepened the kiss.
We soon pulled away because of the lack of air. We kept our faces close together and I felt myself smile. I rested my forehead on his as we both caught our breath.
"That was..." I said softly, trailing off.
"I definitely made the right choice..." He said and I opened my eyes and pulled away to look at him.
"Right choice?" I asked softly and he smiled, wrapping his arms tighter around my waist.
"Yeah. Giving up everything for you..." He said softly and I smiled, running my finger down one of the snake bites.
"You know, sort of wondered what it was like kissing you with these..." I trailed of and he chuckled, reaching up and pecking my lips again.
"Do you still have cravings?" I asked softly and he smiled.
"I do but not for the drug..." He said and I frowned.
"Then what?" I asked and he smiled.
"I have been craving you since the day I saw you walk into the classroom on my first day of school..." He said and I felt myself blush.
"Honestly, I didn't think you would of let me..." He said and I frowned at him.
"Why?" I asked.
"I thought you were straight. But then I got wondering because you like never ran away when I told you I was gay. It made me feel a slight bit of hope that maybe somewhere deep inside, you felt the same way." He said and I smiled.
"I have been questioning my sexuality for a while..." I whispered and he smiled.
"Then what are you really?" He asked and I shrugged, placing my lips to his again and smiling. I honestly didn't care what I was. I mean come on, who would care when you have this boy right in front of you and you get to kiss him? Exactly.
"Harry! Louis!" We pulled away and looked at Anne who stood there with her arms crossed over her chest.
"Its getting late." She said and I sighed, knowing I had to go home. We both stood up and Harry took my hand in his as we walked to the porch. I placed the blanket back on the chair and we headed inside.
"I better get going." I said and he pouted.
"Can't you stay?" He asked softly. I smiled and looked around before pecking his lips.
"I would love to but I have to sort out everything for tomorrow and finish my maths homework. If I am not careful, I will be getting lower grades then I want." I said and he chuckled as we walked to the front door.
"Uh thanks Anne, Robin. I will see you later!" I said as Harry walked with me to the car.
"You know I am not completely useless..." I said and he gave me a small smile.
"I needed a excuse." He said pulling me closer to him and placing his lips to mine again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. When we pulled away, I smiled and opened the drivers door.
"Can I ask something?" I asked before getting in and he nodded.
"What are we?" I asked and he smiled.
"Whatever you want us to be..." He said and I smiled.
"Lets wait and see what happens then. Oh and I forgot to tell... I felt the same way." I said, pecking his lips again before getting in the car. I could see Anne and Robin looking out the window of the living room and I chuckled.
"What?" Harry asked, leaning against the window that was down.
"Your mum has been watching." I said and he sighed shaking his head.
"Typical. No privacy in this house." He said and I smiled.
"I will see you tomorrow. I will pick you up." I said and he smiled as I turned the engine on and backed out the drive and all the way home, I couldn't wipe that silly smile off my face. I just kissed my best friend and it was the best kiss I have ever had.