The Mansion

Wednesday's POV:

I hate to say it but the way Enid's jaw dropped at the sight of my family's mansion was almost "cute". It's almost as if she did not believe just how astounding my family was.

"Holy crap Wednesday, this is your Home?!" Enid was gazing out of the car window with her eyes wide.

"Yes, I have lived in this building my whole life." I say with a glance towards the back of Enid's head. She would not notice the smallest twitch of my mouth into a smile.

"You absolutely positively have to show me the whole place!!!" She shouted as she turned around to face me eagerly waiting for my agreement.

"It would be rather difficult to tour the whole place as it is already late afternoon. And because I have yet to see the whole mansion." I stated in my perfect deadpan. Of course I knew I'd be taking Enid around the whole place as soon as we were settled but that does not mean Enid gets to know.

Her face faltered for a tad bit at my words. I wonder if she took my words as meaning I would not take her around.

"As soon as you are settled in I will show you around. Do not worry, it makes your face look sad." I dont know why I added in the second part. It was a slip of the tongue, I'll have to make sure to watch myself closer.

With Enid staying with my family for the foreseeable future it will be difficult to keep these growing.. feelings. In line. Enid was with Ajax, and besides that I was set in my ways of never finding love. Nothing this bright, bubbly, cute.. adorable.. stop. There was nothing Enid could do to change me.

"Wednesday!" Enid shouted while waving her hands in my face. She was a little too close for my liking so I scooted back a bit.

"What?" I was rather confused by her shouting at me.

"We are here silly" She giggled at me and jumped out of the now open car door. Lurch stood there holding it for her.

Before I could get up I heard Thing thumping the car seat next to me.

"What is it hand?" I glare down at him, he is taking away from my day already.

"You like Enid." He signed to me.

"I do not, and don't you dare even speak about this. Or you'll wake up with missing fingers." I sneered at him and quickly got out of the car. I do not like anyone trying to call me out, let alone a severed hand.

I looked around and my eyes landed on Enid, she was quite honestly jumping up and down from joy and then something odd happened. The anger Thing had just riled up inside of me disappeared. What the hell.

"Wednesday! Come help me move my stuff into a room! Pleaseeeeee" Enid dragged out the end of her word. Which normally would annoy me half to death but now it was growing on me.

Again the corners of my mouth began to twitch. I had to stop myself before letting a smile loose, this girl does strange things to me. I don't despise it.

I turned to go help Enid and there before me stood my mother. I almost bumped right into her.

"Mother." I said coldly. Regaining my typical dry voice. She was looking at me like she knew something I didn't. Perhaps she did.

"Hello Wednesday, your friend. She's rather excited to be staying with us." My mother said, she put a strange emphasis on the word friend. Almost like she meant it in another way.

"Enid's family is not kind to her. I am sure she's beyond grateful to be staying here with us instead. Thank you again for allowing her to visit." Before my mother could say anything else I walked off. Ignoring the stare she gave my back was difficult, but I had to.

There was no way I was ready to talk about what insane things were going on inside my head and my stomach. Enid was flipping my whole life upside down, and she didn't even know it. It's quite despicable.

I grabbed one of Enid's bags of stuff and took it upstairs. Although the mansion was hug,  Enid was staying in the spare room next to mine. I guess everyone figured she would be less likely to get lost if we were close.

"Oh my God! We are gonna be room neighbors now instead of roommates!" I swear this girl will lose her voice if she doesn't stop shouting soon. I'm almost.. worried about her just for that reason.

"Enid,  if you don't stop shouting, you will strain your voice. Please breathe." I looked directly at her to say this. Eye contact with Enid was growing more and more difficult. Bolts of lightening felt like they were going off inside of me when we looked into each other's eyes.

I blinked and turned away quickly.
"So you're going soft on me, are ya Wednesday? You'd think someone like you would want my voice to go." Enid pushed past me into the new room. Not even noticing the forest fire that just went off inside of me.

"I am not going soft. If you say that again, you will be left to figure out where the bathroom is on your own." It was a measly threat, but I didn't want to actually threaten Enid. Thing I could threaten any day or time. But Enid was something special.

"Well, if you won't show me around, I'm sure Pugsley will!" She full on laughed after that. I am sure she is even correct with that statement. My brother does not care for torture the way I do. But no one will be showing Enid around besides me.

"Tomorrow we will do a full tour. Besides you have all of the break to figure out the mysteries of the Addams family house. For today, I guess I'll show you the bathroom, kitchen, and main room." I swiftly turn back to the door now that all of Enid's boxes were in the room.

"Don't you mean living room?" Enid eyes my back, I can feel her eyes on me and I feel what might be heat? Crawl up my spine to my face.

"This is the Addams Mansion, full of all things creepy and kooky. There is no living room." I want so badly to see Enid's face at my comment. It was the perfect amount of wit and teasing I could do without it being out of place for me. I just hope she doesn't see right through me.