Friends, Family, Partners

Timeline: The ball is two days away

Wednesday's POV

Enid looked confused at Wednesday's confession. It was understandable because, really, what reason did she have to be afraid of kissing Enid.

Besides the fact that the last person she kissed ended up being a murderer, tried to kill her, tried to kill Enid, and ultimately was just a bad guy.

It was a justified reason, but how do you explain that to someone?

"Are you gonna tell me why?" Of course, Enid wanted an explanation. She deserved one.

"I kissed Tyler. When I did, I had a vision of him as the Hyde. That's why I had the nightshades help me in torturing the truth out of him. That plan fell through, though."

Enid's jaw dropped. Full-on just fell open.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies, Enid."

"I had no idea. That's how you knew he was the Hyde, Wednesday! Why didn't you mention this to anyone?!" Enid was flabbergasted. A mix of confused, slightly annoyed, and concerned.

"I was not sure who to trust. I had just got Xavier arrested. We were not on good terms. There was just a lot going on."

Enid just sighed. They both knew this was just how Wednesday was. A loner among loners.

"Okay, so are you scared I'm gonna be a monster too?" Enid asked as she pulled their conversation back to the main topic.

"No. I am afraid I will be sent into a vision and see something terrible the moment our lips touch."

Enid snorted at the comment. Wednesday could never just speak normally.

"Well, you know there's only one way to find out." Enid flashed her best smile at Wednesday. Wednesdah was not having it, though.

"Absolutely not."

But Enid was closer now. Wednesday knew then she was being messed with. Enid would always respect her feelings and boundaries. As difficult as it was.

All Enid did was lightly kiss Wednesday's nose. After such actions, she leaned back and had a content smile on her face. The joy of the moment shining in beautiful eyes.

"Thank you." Wednesday found herself saying it only made Enid's smile grow.

"When you're ready. I'll be waiting. You have nothing to worry about, and I promise no pressure, Amorina."

And just like that, Wednesday was swooning. She had never realized how amazing someone respecting everything about her could feel.

It was like someone shot an arrow straight through her heart. Clearly, Enid had lied about not knowing archery.

"Come here, it's been a long emotional day." Enid says as she reaches her arms out for Wednesday.

Wednesday did not even hesitate. She wrapped her arms around Enid's torso as they laid down.

"I am in agreement with you."

With Enid's arms hugging Wednesday close and giving the goth girl head rubs, Wednesday had fallen asleep in seconds.

Enid, on the other hand, lay awake for a while longer. She was wondering how long it would be until Wednesdsy was comfortable sharing her full array of emotions with the werewolf.

How long would it be till they kissed?

How long until things changed?

*Time jump to the next day*