What if I'm Not?

(A/N we begin this chapter at the tail end of Wednesday and enid's conversation about the family reunion that is also formally know as the Addam's Family Ball.
We now get a closer look into Enid's insecurities.)

Enid's Thoughts:

Wednesday had left Enid to her own defenses for the day. With only five days to plan the ball, her family needed her.

This meant that Enid was pacing around Wednesday's room. She'd made the mistake of checking her phone this morning.

She was mostly completely ignoring it, especially with all the developments going on. Besides, when she needed to update Yoko.

Her phone had over 20 missed calls, which is honestly less than she had expected from her dear mother.

Constant texts of when she plans on coming home had been sent over the days. For the most part, she didn't care. She wasn't focused on the woman who made her feel unloved. She was focusing on her mate and her mate's family, the family that accepted her with all her color.

The Addams didn't care if Enid was gay. The only thing they questioned about her was her choice in style. Which she understands, she clashes hard in their home.

"Don't talk yourself into a spiral. Come on now." Enid said out loud to herself. The last thing she needed to do was focus on how out of place she looked.

They were happy to have her here, right?

"Omg, Wednesday totally just sprang me coming with her onto her family. They hadn't planned for me to be here!" Enid facepalms. She hadn't even thought about how she might be an unwanted guest in the house.

But wouldn't the Addams just kick her to the curb if they didn't enjoy her company? They were nice, sure, but they weren't nice enough to dislike someone and let them stay im their home.

Enid throws herself on to Wednesday's bed. Huffing in defeat, clearly it was going to be a tough day.

She was already fighting back tears. She was struggling to understand how such a family could appreciate her company when her own family didn't.

Maybe they just dealt with her because Wednesday loved her. That has to be it.

Then again, besides, when Wednesday confessed all of her feelings, they hadn't said they loved each other specifically. Did they even really know?

This was Enid's second relationship ever. The first one had only lasted like three days. She had no idea how to be a good partner for someone, especially for someone like Wednesday.

Wednesday totally had to have more experience in this area, right? Enid knew that Wednesday had liked Tyler. Of course, thst turned into a bad situation really quickly.

What if Wednesday's emotionally scarred from that?

Enid noted to talk to Wednesday about Tyler sometime soon. They'd have to face the facts even if Wednesday would rather not talk about such a person.

A light knock brought Enid out of her dreadful spiral.

Enid fixed her hair and tried to put on her normal smile, avoiding the sharp pain in her chest at doing so. She hated pretending.

"Enid, seeing as you have been in this room all day, I brought you some food. It is important to stay nourished, seeing as you are a werewolf." Wednesday says as she moves into the room. Placing the plate of food on the desk, it was quite like she'd done before.

Is this her way of saying that she cares and notices something is wrong?

Enid hesitates, and she wants to ask. Ask if Wednesday really truly cares about her. Yet she stops herself. She doesn't want to sound clingy and like she can't handle herself. Hadn't they just recently discussed that she totally could handle herself..