A Vision is Reality

Wednesday's POV:

Enid and Wednesday both woke early the morning of the ball. Honestly, neither girl had slept well. They had kind of just layed there enjoying the company.

Wednesday had allowed Enid to take her braids out and run her fingers through her dark pin-straight hair. It was somehow more intimate than any moment they had before.

It felt like she was on fire as soft fingers ran across her scalp. It was perfect. Wednesday never thought of anything as perfect, but in the silence, she wished it would never be broken.

She was content.

But morning had to come.

"Come on Wednesday! It's time!" Enid was already bouncing all over the room. Wednesday was still sitting, silently enjoying the view of her girlfriend prancing around to get ready.

Little did Enid know. There was a big announcement to come at the end of the night. Wednesday had been planning it with her family in secret the whole time. It was ready. It was time.

Wednesday smiled, really truly smiled, dimple and all while looking at Enid.

When Enid finally noticed the goofy look on Wednesday's face, she gasped and nearly dropped the eyeliner in her hand.

These moments just kept happening between them? Maybe Wednesday was slowly becoming more vulnerable. Trusting Enid more with her soul, her real heart.

And then Enid just surprised her even more.

"si tu continues à me regarder comme ça on ne quittera jamais cette pièce, amorina."

And it was now Wednesday's turn to jaw drop. Effectively malfunctioning there in her bed.

"You.. you.. what?"

"It's no fun if I have to translate for you." Enid gives a teasing smirk. Knowing she had her mate wrapped around her finger. She had been practicing her French in secret. All those days she spent in the room as Wednesday prepared her own secret.

"You do not need to translate, mon bien-aimé."

Enid just smiled sweetly and turned back to the mirror to finally finish the eyeliner.

"I must go and assist my family, I will come pick you up tonight at the top of the hour before the party begins." Wednesday was in her own closet now, grabbing her outfit out of view of the werewolf. They'd agreed to keep their respective outfits secret.

"Yes, ma'am." Enid gave a mock salute and waved off Wednesday.

Wednesday quickly exited the room, about to begin her walk downstairs when she ran into Eugene and Pugsley.

"Brother, what are you two doing?" Wednesday raised an eyebrow at the two boys. This could not be good.

"Don't worry, Wednesday, Pugsley offered to show me around. I got lost going to the bathroom." Eugene responds and gives a polite smile to the goth. She nods and continues on her way.

Completely missing the snickering behind her.

Wednesday just hoped her brother did not turn Eugene into the lowlife he was.

At the bottom of the stairs were Yoko and Morticia. They were conversing about the likes of vampires and their dynamics.

"Yoko, I need to steal my mother away from this dead-end conversation. If you mind, I honestly do not care."

Morticia gave Wednesday a pointed look, caring very much about impressions and such. Something Wednesday never could understand.

"I mean to say, when you two are finished. I need to speak with you, mother." Wednesday bit out, glaring heavily.