What's it Mean?

Enid's Thoughts:

Wednesday and Enid were together in the kitchen area. Having already finished lunch but not yet deciding what to do.

Enid knew she should ask about the mansion and her adventure through it. She just couldn't find the words yet.

"Enid." Wednesday spoke first, bringing Enid out of her thoughts.

"What is it you wish to ask?" Wednesday pushed again when Enid didn't respond immediately.

"Oh well.. ya know.." Enid was not really sure how to phrase it, still didn't understand what she'd even seen. Or how she'd seen it.

"Spit it out." Wednesday was clearly becoming frustrated with the colorful girl's mumbled fragments of a sentence.

"Okay, okay, I don't really understand what I was supposed to find. In the house, that is." Enid rushed out, not even sure if it made any sense to the shorter girl.

"Well, that is not for me to tell you. As I've said before, Enid, this house shows you what you're looking for. Not what you are aware of, more of what your heart looks for." Wednesday always elegant with her words spoke in slight disgust. She always clearly hated anything to do with the heart, except stabbing one.

"What if I don't know what my heart is looking for?" Enid questioned. She just kept getting more confused. If her heart showed her those rooms, what did it mean that each room was about Wednesday.

Maybe she just wanted to know more about her best friend, yeah, that had to be it!

"Of course you don't know. The heart is something that has unknown actions." Wednesday took in a sharp breath, well sharp for her.

It's almost as if Enid was learning each of Wednesday's small tells on how she felt. She could tell when the girl was frustrated or about to say something important. While that isn't normally hard, with Wednesday, everything is hard.

Even falling for her has been hard.

At that thought, Enid shook her head hard. Where had that come from? She really couldn't understand what was going on inside her, let alone around her. Since coming to Wednesday's house, she'd been drawn closer and closer to the dark-eyed girl.

"Enid, you must understand that this house is both cursed and magic. It does things none of us really understand. It can show you what you desire most before you even desire it. It shows you what your heart truly wants because of a curse. The Addams family are cursed to be people full of love and feelings. I say cursed, of course, because I resent all feelings, but you must understand this as it may show you feelings you are not aware of. Or ready to understand. There's nothing you can hide from when it comes to staying here. It brings out the worst of many and the best of few. As for the magic, often it always you to see things you've never seen before. Allows insight into others in ways we do not know. But again, that is all I can explain to you." When Wednesday finished her speech, her eyes glinted ever so slightly with the same pride she'd had at the cemetery. She relished in speaking of her family and their oddities. It was obvious to Enid.

That was the only thing Obvious to Enid. Had her heart shown her those visions of Wednesday growing up? Had she been searching to know more about the girl sitting in front of her? And if so, why? She could have asked Wednesday, truthfully though she knew Wednesday wouldn't answer her.

Clearly, she had formed a crush on her roommate, but was that crush enough to make her heart search for her?

Enid again had to shake herself out of her thoughts. She was beginning to spiral.

"Thank you, Weds, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to return to my room and think on it for a bit!" She tried to sound excited and keep the confusion out of voice.

Enid could see from Wednesday's slight expression change that she had failed. Was that worry in Wednesday's eyes? It couldn't be, right?

Before she could change her mind, she rushed up the stairs. That is until she somehow found herself right back at Wednesday's door. She'd sworn she had gone towards the guest room.

Choosing to ignore it, she opened the door and was flung into another vision. A last vision of something is even more confusing.

"This is not a game. There is no reason to continue to torture myself with these internal emotion without having the object of these emotions aware of them." Wednesday said as she was looking at her desk. Clearly talking with Thing.

Enid walked more so she could see what Thing had signed

"I'll help with whatever you need," he signed back to Wednesday.

And then it was gone, all too quickly. Enid was back right outside the door. With even more questions to add to her growing list.

She turned back to her room and went inside. Instantly grabbing her phone to text Yoko.

Messages:

E: OMG. GIRL. HELP!!

Y: What is it, E?

E: I'm going crazy here I swear

Y: What happened? Did Wednesday try to kill you?

E: No, worse. Apparently her house is magic and whatever your heart desires comes out. And my crush might be growing on wednesday?

Y: Woah woah woahh. So are you like falling for the Psycho?

E: she's not psycho, she's a psychic Yoko

Y: yeah yeah but how do you know?

E: I walked around the house and got visions of Wednesday's life and then a final one of her saying she had to tell someone her emotions. I'm legit afraid

Y: Sounds like you two need to talk

E: Ugggh, you're right. I'll talk to her.. soon.. maybe

Y: I support you E!

And with that, Enid dropped her phone. She had no idea what to do.

Her raven, however, did. And she would.