Fight or Flight

Enid's Thoughts:

Wednesday and Enid had been walking for a little over 20 minutes. Enid had no idea where they were going or what the plan was but she trusted Wednesday.

They had talked very little the whole way, Wednesday was extremely focused on whatever it was she was thinking about. It made bubbles of nervousness form in Enid's stomach. Maybe Wednesday really was going to kill her.

Just as Enid's thoughts started to take a turn down a very bad rabbit hole, Wednesday abrumptly stopped. Enid bumped right into her.

"Oops, sorry!" Enid says backing up and rubbing her arm. It didn't hurt but it was just habit.

"You should really pay attention whdn walking Enid, you could of walked off a cliff." Wednesday was still facing forward. She was focused on whatever it was they'd come across.

Enid stood next to Wednesday and as she saw the scene in front of her she couldn't help the gasp escaping her lips.

Wednesday had lead her into the woods, that she had already known was going to happen. What she didn't expect was to see a wonderfully colorful waterfall, it was surrounded by different colored flowers and many flying creatures.

Enid was so stunned she hadn't noticed Wednesday moving to place a blanket on the ground.

She couldn't believe something so gorgeous existed within the Addams family land, most things were dark a dreary here. Even Morticia's greenhouse was black. The family oddily enough had an affinity for gardens though so maybe it did make sense.

Enid could hear the rushing water, the chirping of birds, and other noises she couldn't quite place. She felt calm, any stresses and anxieties she'd been building inside of her head had washed away as soon as she saw the view.

She turned as she felt a hand on her arm.

"I know this area is overwhelmingly colorful and quite frankly a sensory overload, but would you care to stop being a statue and join me?" Wednesday asked her. The psychic moved to the side so Enid could see what she had set up.

"Holy shit are we having a picnic?!" Enid squealed in utter shock and excitement. She swore she was about to pass-out.

"Thing mentioned how you often spoke about wanting to have a picnic during you twos 'nail-parties'" Wednesday said, biting disgust at the term nail-parties.

"This is absolutely the most amazing thing ever Wednesday!" Enid was now walking around to blanket. Curious about some of the things Wednesday had brought. Clearly she'd never had a picnic either.

"Shall we sit?" Wednesday asks gesturing to two pillows sitting on the blanket. One black and the other pink.

It took everything inside of Enid to hold back yet another squeal. She was nearly bursting at the seams with excitement, she didn't want to annoy Wednesday though.

Enid took a seat on the pink pillow that was obviously just for her. She wondered if Thing really mentioned her wishing for a picnic or if Wednesday had come up with this all on her own.

"I have something I need to talk with you about Enid." Wednesday says from her side of the blanket, she's stock straight and sitting with her legs crossed. It takes some effort but Enid sniffles a laugh at her friend. Trying to stay serious for Wednesday.

"Lay it on me." Enid says back, she's heard so many of these talks from Wednesday already thar she doesn't get all nervous when Wednesday says "let's talk."

Inside Enid's mind was racing though, was this a confession? Was Wednesday going to say she had feelings for the werewolf? Or was she going to tell Enid she needed to go home. To leave the house because she didn't fit into the family. So many things could happen and Wednesday's date gave away nothing.